Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Have question:Need Advice

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Have question:Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:36 PM
starguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have question:Need Advice

What would be the best receiver battery for this setup using Futaba Flight Pack with an R127DF Receiver and 4 S3004 Servos?

Old 07-08-2005, 04:46 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Have question:Need Advice

The stock Sanyo 4.8 volt Ni-cd pack is fine. The 4.8 Ni-mh packs offered by various companies are fine also and may offer you some more time between charges. Just make sure it comes with your compatible end which is more than likely Futaba J, or you will have to solder your own on. The 4 AA Flat Packs usually work best for me, and are easy to find storage space within the Plane, but for certain things mabe the 4 AA Square Pack would be good also.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Ditto.
The only times I have used other than the stock Sanyo flat packs was a custom 600AE pack I made to fit in the nose of a Mini Blade slope glider, a tiny 270mAh pack in a kit built Hyperbee, and a 1500mAh Batteries America pack for a Super Scooter slope combat plane. Needed the ballast for that last plane and figured that a bigger batt pack would be the ticket.
All my glow planes other than the Hyperbee use the standard flat packs.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:45 AM
ICE_MAN

http://www.hangtimes.com/

They have ni-cd and nimh battery packs... I just recieved a 1650 mah 6 volt pack for my Ultra stick. Had it at the field yesterday from 730 am til 1 PM... Many flights and didnt have to charge it once!

Be sure to get a wallcharger to go along with your pack.. They're ~$18 at Hangtimes.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Fastsky

ou obviously need a 4 or 5 AA battery pack. What size depends on what flying time you expect and maybe what plane it will be used in. If you just want to get in 6 flights with a 5 lb. plane then a 600 mah pack will do. If you want to fly a 8-10 lb. plane or fly all day then around a 1500 mah battery pack would be better. Just to note, batterys are getting better and cheaper all the time so you may have less trouble finding a 1400 mah pack or larger than what used to be the standard 600mah pack. One word of caution, make sure that you get a charger that is rated for the battery pack. For a 1500 mah pack you need a charger that will supply 150 ma. power for overnight charging. You can use a wall charger rated at 60 ma output but you won't be able to fully charge overnight! [8D]
Old 07-13-2005, 02:32 AM
starguard

Thanks