Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobby-Lobby Leki

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobby-Lobby Leki

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Mclarenhpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby-Lobby Leki

Hi, I have been looking into an airplane that is aerobatic and one that looks like a Extra 300. What I found was the Hobby-Lobby Leki, but I was thinking of getting this plane pretty much as a final airplane so I dont have to buy another one if my skill progresses. However my only problem is the size of the airplane, Hobby lobby claims that the wing size is 60 inches and that the lenght is 49 inches. Now when I looked at the manual online it said the wingspan was actually 70 inches and the length is 60 inches. The reason I am so curious about the size is becasue as this plane is suppost to be my last one, I want a huge plane! I f the manual sizes are correct then the plane is very similair in size to the funtana 90! However can someone help me double check on the size of the plane, and my overall choice. And one more thing, I want to convert this plane to electric so keep that in mind. Thanks Sam.
Airplane link http://hobby-lobby.com/leki.htm
Graupner site http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=6247
Old 07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Hobby-Lobby Leki

Hobby lobby has the right size.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:26 PM
harryf3

The Leki comes in two sizes. You saw at Hobby-Lobby the small one but you downloaded the manual of the large one.
Harry
Old 07-31-2005, 03:53 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mclarenhpi: What are you flying now?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this Leki and the wingspan is 63" as Hobby Lobby says. I have seen the specs of the larger one but I don't think anyone sells it in the U.S. It was electric powered but with lackluster performance the original owner turned it over to me and I'm putting a .91 four stroke on it. It seems to be a well made plane with airfoiled tail surfaces.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Mclarenhpi

Thank you all for your posts, I think the Leki is a good plane but i will now look into other planes just in case if I see a better deal. As for what airplane I fly right now JRF it is a Hobbico Avistar, and i also still fly with my electric superstar.
Thanks, Sam
Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mclarenhpi

As for what airplane I fly right now JRF it is a Hobbico Avistar, and i also still fly with my electric superstar.
Just curious. Your comment about buying one airplane to last throughout your modeling career sounded a bit unusual. I wondered where you were coming from.

Good luck finding what you want.

Jim