Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Which ARF for Quadra 52???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Which ARF for Quadra 52???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 08:28 AM
hawkco66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ARF for Quadra 52???

Okay I need some help. I have a Quadra 52 (3.2 CID). It weighs in at 5 lbs and stats a 4.5 hp number. I am looking for an ARF with a straight wing, thick symmetrical airfoil, mid to shoulder wing that's a tail dragger. The plane doesn't necessarily need to hover, although that would be nice, I'd like to have outstanding climb authority.

I have a short, bumpy, grass field to operate from. I want to avoid the nice ARF aero performers like CAPs, Extras, SUs, etc... An oversized Ultrastick ARF would be perfect.

Where can I find one or something similar for this engine???

Help

hawk
Old 10-22-2002, 04:03 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you looking for exactly? You say hovering is not important but would be nice.. You don't want any of the aerobatic aircraft (extra,cap,sukhoi). Why not ?
I would seriously reconsider and take a look at the Hangar9 80" Cap232. Don't be intimidated about flying the large aerobatic planes if that's what your problem is. They fly like a dream !
What else would you use a Q52 for ? A cub ? That would be a waste!!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:19 PM
hawkco66

Default field issues

I've flown all the aero stuff and enjoy them a lot. Landing them on this short field with HUGE ruts is a waste after the first landing. This field will destroy some nice planes. When I finally make it back to the states and have a great field then I'll move into something else. Its all about the field...take off's and landings have to be short. The plane has to be very durable. And no I don't want a cub. I love an ARF Stinger in the Giant size. Something that can get banged around without worrying about about the pretty cosmetics. Wheel pants won't work here either. High wing loading requires more landing runway than I've got.

Any real ideas I've haven't heard about??

hawk
Old 10-22-2002, 10:44 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There you go , you just found the plane you are looking for.. A giant stinger.. Those are *****cats to land..

Good Luck

By the way the Q52 is a good engine.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:31 PM
hawkco66

Yeh, but there no ARF...I'm in a small house in Okinawa. No workshop and only a temporary (non-flat) kitchen table.... Has Lanier come out with a giant stinger ARF????

hawk
Old 10-24-2002, 08:39 AM
jbflier

Default Kangke Texas Hurricane

Try it; You'll like it!!!!...........Big time.........