Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

East Coast mail-order supplier of World Models ARFs?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

East Coast mail-order supplier of World Models ARFs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:08 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default East Coast mail-order supplier of World Models ARFs?

Anyone know of a good mail-order (web order) supplier of World Models ARFs close to, but not in, NY? (no sense paying NYS tax if I don't have to.) A quick Google search didn't show anything....

I would order direct from WM but I hate the thought of an ARF being shipped across the country. Also, my billing address is a PO Box and World Model's policy doesn't allow shipping to an address other than the credit card billing address!

Good flying,
desmobob

Old 10-19-2005, 08:54 AM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: East Coast mail-order supplier of World Models ARFs?

Try www.quantummodels.com

They're in Kentucky.....they ship things out FAST. Also, I believe the shipping is free for orders of $150 or more.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the tip, glowplug.

I had Quantum in my favorites file in the past. When I switched computers a few times in the last year or so, I lost my list. I have done business with them in the past and have been pleased. (Free shipping on orders over $125.)

Thanks again,
desmobob
Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is by far not west coast but there shipping is cheap - Sheldon Hobbies in San Jose Cal .
They carry a ton of world models at good prices , also Hobby Warehouse in Richmond Minnesoda , very cheap and great servace
Old 10-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the exception of maybe some Ebay grey market stuff, all WM ARFs originate from Airborne Models in CA. So how would it matter whether you buy from West Coast or East Coast?

I've ordered WM stuff from LHS, Quantum Models, and direct from Airborne Models. All were satisfactory. The Super Sport Senior via Quantum did suffer some broken ribs, but I doubt ordering from Quantum had anything to do with it. AB swapped mine out, but the replacement also had broken ribs, though less severe. I just opened up the Ultracote and fix it myself. I justdon't see how the lightening holes on the ribs can possibly save enough weight to worth all the broken ribs, but that's another topic for discussion.