Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

40 size ultimate bipe

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

40 size ultimate bipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:51 PM
firewood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 size ultimate bipe

please help! i want to buy a ultimate bipe bipe . can some one tell which ones are out there ,their experiences with them and which is the best deal . thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 11:06 PM
acam37
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: 40 size ultimate bipe

Here is one. [link]http://www.raidentech.com/ulnigasrarec.html[/link] Don't know much about it except it is cheap. I have a Great planes Ultimate 40 and a Direct connection Ultimate 90. The bigger they are the better they seem to fly. I had a world models Ultimate 30 a few months back and it didn't fly very well. My Great planes ultimate 40 is a dream to fly. Bad thing is, it's a kit.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:51 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

The Great Planes one listed on Tower is even cheaper than that, and I'd rather do business wtih tower than Raidentech. Here is the link:

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJ581&P=ML]ultimate[/link]
Old 01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Favorite Ultimate is either the Great Planes newest 160 version or the Wildhare

I have flown/owned the Carl Goldberg and also loved it

All Ultimate have a few very nice traits to them, they are all puddy tats until you crank up the throws. But the smaller ones tend to be somewhat twicthy. If you can do it I'd stay with a 60 size or larger and I would recommend the Carl Golberg as your first one with a nice 4 stroke in it
Old 01-15-2006, 07:14 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You said "40 sized Ultimate" didn't you?

There are a couple of threads that're specifically about the "little" Ultimates. There appear to actually be only a couple of .40 size Ultimates available right now. It looks like World Models and Raidentech are what you can actually get. Great Planes doesn't seem to have one that size and Tower doesn't list any but a 1.60 size. Check out the threads that are fairly current, one is on this forum and was active just the other day. That thread has a list of what's being advertised right now, and that'll give you a line on what to look for. But like I said, I think only two are actually available. And they're both available directly from either World Models and Raidentech.

And if you read the threads through, you should get some good insight into those two. It appears that the Raidentech is a better price, but that it has a lot weaker top wing cabane strut design and also doesn't come with a building tool that makes the wing attachment process accurate and easy. It also appears that the Raidentech is actually either seconds from the World Models early production or something like that. They actually send you the WM builder's manual with their model. Amazing....

I've got the WM and you'll see it in one of those threads. It's a beauty. And it flies with none of the bad traits others have mentioned. I'd have to guess that has to do with the simple and cheap "fix" that's mentioned in the thread. whatever..... It's one awesome little dude.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:35 AM
firewood

hey i want to thank you all .i will let ya know how it comes out