Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Parkzone F27 CG anyone?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Parkzone F27 CG anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone F27 CG anyone?

They now sell just the airframe so I got one and put an 020 Astroflight brushless, HS81MG servos and a high discharge 2300mAh 3S lipo pack. Unfortunately, the manual that comes with it doesnt give any info I need such as throws and where the CG is supposed to be.
Anyone happen to know the CG? Im ready to go other than positioning the rx and batt to balance.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: Parkzone F27 CG anyone?

There are 2 small 1/4 in holes inside the handhold area that is the COG. Mine is actually a hair forward of this. Get it close to there and you will be fine. As for throws, start around the hole farthest out on the servo arm and mid hole on the control horn. Set your radio (if it has dual rates) around 50 for low and 100 for high. This is a good starting point.
I have mine set with the lowest hole on the control horn and dual rates at 60 for low with 40%expo and 125 for high with 65%expo.
I kinda like the quick response on these throws, but if your not careful you'll do the walk of shame in a heartbeat. This bird with a nice brushless and 3 or 4 cell lipo, doesn't take much throw for it to zig,zag, roll, loop, BAM!
I use the lower rates at high speeds and the high rates for slow speeds with great control. When landing the high rates really help for that perfect pancake drop. BG
Old 03-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Fubar-One

Cool.
I had noticed those holes inside the finger holes and wondered if that might be the CG point. Looked about right. Looks like I might need to add a bit of lead to the tail. If I slide the rx to the rear of the compartment and ditto the batt, its balancing about at the front of the finger recesses so Im not too far off.
I have the pushrods in the next to farthest holes on the control horns and will set up with dual rates. Having seen these things fly brushless I figured I would need to tone down the travel of the elevons.
Now that I have the info I needed I hope to be able to maiden it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Sounds like you got it under control. Don't add any weight though, just move the battery.
Also sounds like your first brushless stryker, PLEASE, get us some video! LOL, those are the best.
Honestly though I hope your maiden goes well. BG
Old 03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Fubar-One

Had to end up adding about an oz and a quarter to the trailing egde of the plane to get it to balance properly.
Man, that thing moves! Was pretty conservative on the throws, had em 2nd hole out from the end on the control horns. Low rate (60%) was really too low but doable. 100% was about right for up/down but I will move the rods in more for a faster roll rate. I want a faster roll rate!
My dad, once he was able to follow it with the camcorder got some good footage he says but I havent seen it yet. Will put it online once I get my hands on it.
VERY happy with the plane!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Glad your havin a blast. Welcome to the addiction! BG