Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hanagar 9 Showtime Gear Problems

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hanagar 9 Showtime Gear Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:21 AM
G159

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanagar 9 Showtime Gear Problems

First flight on landing the landing gear block ripped out of fuse. Anybody else have the same problem?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:21 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Hanagar 9 Showtime Gear Problems

Describe the 'arrival' in more detail. I created 'retracts' for my Duel Ace because I ran out of 'up' elevator on final - pilot error all the way. Now I have to replace some landing gear blocks!
Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 AM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Like most ARF's the landing gear plate is very weak. I found that out on my first one, reinforced my second one with an extra layer of hardwood and plenty of triangle stock. Replace screws and blind nuts for nylon 1/4x20 and add a 3 screw in the middle of the gear.

R/C Foolish
Old 04-16-2006, 08:48 AM
G159

The Arrival was a normal landing no bounce and nice and slow, as soon as the main gear
touched it pulled out of the fuse. After further investigation it looks like the landing gear block is just hard balsa with a piece of thin light ply attached to it. Where the block attached to the fuse stringers there was a lack of glue for sure, it was glued in the corners only. I called Hangar 9 and of course they said they havent been having trouble and there was nothing they could do. The gear is the easy part to fix, where it went through the bottom of the wing and leading edge of the stab are a pain to fix. Needless to say I think they have some QA problems that need to be adressed with this aircraft.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:06 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: G159

Needless to say I think they have some QA problems that need to be adressed with this aircraft.
Agreed. Along with more than a few others, I had incidence problems with my wings. These were relatively easy to fix myself, so I didn't bother to contact Horizon.

Although this is indeed the first gear-related problem I've heard of (and I watch all the related ST threads) whoever you spoke with at Horizon gave you a BS answer. He/she must have at one time worked for Irwin Siner... he made that "We've never heard of that before; therefore, it must be your fault." refrain infamous...

Anyway, glad to hear the fix is relatively painless. This is a great model that is worth expending a bit of extra effort on.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:28 AM
airstik2003

after i crashed yesterday my landing gear was still on the plane