Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Cox WACO ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Cox WACO ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 05:05 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Cox WACO ARF

There's an ad (pg. 47, July MAN) about a new ARF from Cox, says it is the same plane that PICA used to kit. Looks like a YMF-5 WACO is yellow with red trim in the pic, has a 72 inch wing (1/5 scale). Anybody know if it's released yet, or seen one flying. Looks like a really nice plane, be perfect for a G-26. The model in the pic had a Saito in it, but didn't say what size. Very nice looking, I was considering GP's Super Stearman, but might just wait on this one.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:38 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cox WACO ARF

I saw the ad also and am really interested in this plane. There will be two different versions the 72" 1/5 scale YMF and a 1/6 scale 60" YMF. The listed prices are $380.00 & $280.00. I haven't read anywhere about the release date.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You mean this one?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11884.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	458487  
Old 05-09-2006, 08:37 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looked like a REAL nice ARF at the Toledo show. I spend a good deal of time looking at their display and the aircraft. Very impressive.

The "new" Cox is making some excellent headway in the model business again. Good to see that. They will now produce lots of the old Dave Platt/PICA kits, and some of those designs in ARF form too !!

As long as the ARF is built as designed, there is no reason it should not turn out to be an outstanding flying aircraft.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: tailskid

You mean this one?
Dat's de wun. Sure hope it comes as a kit or an ARC, or they have the foresight to cover it in some kind of fabric instead of plastic. I like the colors, though.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:08 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Power requirements, wing area or weight? Nice looking but I have to agree about the covering.

Joe
Old 05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

According to their rep at the Toledo show.....NO kits, just ARF's
Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

I went and ordered one today after passing on the Great Planes Stearman/Super Stearman offerings. I've never been happy with the poor (wrinkled) covering jobs typical on my Great Planes ARFs. Every product review you read in the magazines lists the covering work as less than ideal, with some of the wrinkles being too loose to tighten. Figure it's time to give someone else a try here. I liked what I saw at the Toledo show, too bad the kit is no longer available. I would also consider buying it as a "Ready to Cover" version if they offered it.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Ricatic

Jshutic,

You will be very happy with your new Waco, the quality is excellent. There are a few in production as we speak. Check out Gwulles thread in this forum. He is nearly complete. Also, check out Stickbuilders thread in the Vintage forum. Stickbuilder and his cronies have a wealth of helpful information regarding these birds. Stickbuilder has built several of the Pica Waco YMF kits and understands them completely. He gets a little crabby sometimes but he is not dangerous. Harry has placed pictures of several possible engine combos in that thread as well. He shows them sitting centered in the cowl, invaluable info. Others have contributed other scale ideas as well. Good luck on your Waco.

Ricatic

Waco Brotherhood #b17