Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Who has built a GP Easy Sport 40 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Who has built a GP Easy Sport 40 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 07:45 AM
scooter052566

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has built a GP Easy Sport 40 ARF

I downloaded the manual for the Easy Sport Mark II ARF from the internet, I plan on purchasing this model in the next few weeks. I read through the manuaI several times and noticed in the parts list there are a few items not referenced in the instruction manual. Namely the item numbers are:

#9 Plywd Wing Hold-Down Plates Never mentioned in manual

#10 Aft root ribs & #11 Forward roots ribs

These items are vaguely mentioned in the wing contruction part, but it is unclear how to install them or where to install them.

#13 Stabilizer Mounting Base Never mentioned in manual

Any thoughts on this??

In addition, on page 7 it says to install the wing bolt plate 1/4" forward of the trailing edge, but when you see the picture of the plate again on page 10, it is clearly flush with the trailing edge. Which is correct??

Your timely responses would be appreciated.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 AM
clemrick
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Who has built a GP Easy Sport 40 ARF

Hi Scooter

All I can say about this is go ahed and get the plane and do just exactly as it says in the book that comes with the plane as it practiclly puts itself together. As for the engine, put on a .46 and this plane flies great! I put a .52 on mine and it is awsome. It flies like a trainer but will do more stuff. One thing I would reccomend tho when you get to putting the horiz stab on cut the block out on the back of the fuse and assemble it from the rear. Use your hobby knife to cut it cleanly and save it covering and all then epox. it back in place when you have the horiz. stab in place. If you try to slide it in from the side you won't get a good glue joint (I found this out the hard way and my stab came loose on the bottom side and cracked the fuse forward of the stab)

Have fun with it
clemrick
Old 05-15-2006, 11:24 AM
triggerfish

I just downloaded the manual myself, waiting for my Easy Sport 40 to arrive, and noticed the exact same thing. I had planned to speak with the local hobby store about it when my plane arrived. Any updates on your end?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Ramones The

I believe that once you are holding the parts in front of you, it is obvious where they go, despite the vagueness of the manual. I built this plane and cannot remember having any problems with the manual, and didn't have any extra parts left over. Anyway, it is a great plane and the trike gear is great for preventing nose-overs.

Have fun
Old 05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Ramones The

Found a picture from my build... I think these are the above mentioned plates.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31293.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	461864  
Old 05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
triggerfish

Well mine arrives Wednesday. I went through the wing attachment one more time in the manual I downloaded and still just don't see any reference to those root ribs. EVERYONE that I've talked to and read on here says that this plane goes together easy enough so I'm just going to start Wed night, go slow and make sure everything fits correctly. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:49 PM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

I got one a few years ago when it had the shelf paper covering .I flat wore out a MDS40 on it the plane got soo fuel soaked I finally had to retire it.You will not be unhappy with the plane.Just one mod I made was made mine a taildragger,do not like trike gear too hard on fire walls on not to perfect landing.Besides that she flew like a champ slows down like a trainer for landing.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 PM
triggerfish

Well the plane came early, I picked it up today. I found that the manual that actually came with the plane and the one available online from Greatplanes are different. The parts list with the plane is a lot more abbreviated and easier to read and does not contain the wing root ribs mentioned in the online version. It appears that the manual online is for the Mk I version but the plane being shipped now is the Mk II (even though the online manual says the plane is covered with Monokote). Either way, if you get an Easy Sport 40 these days it's covered with Monokote and the instructions are about as easy as it gets. I've spent 2 hours so far working on the plane and have already completed the wing, fuel proofed the fuselage and prepped the fuel system. So far, so good.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Mr B

Triggerfish talked about fuel proofed the fuselage. I am just starting my first build, and it's a Easy Sport .40. ARF. What do I need to do to fuel proof the fuselage. Is sounds like a good idea. How is your build going. You are probably flying the bird by now, any tips for a newbee builder.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Mr B

Triggerfish talked about fuel proofed the fuselage. I am just starting my first build, and it's a Easy Sport .40. ARF. What do I need to do to fuel proof the fuselage. Is sounds like a good idea. How is your build going. You are probably flying the bird by now, any tips for a newbee builder.
Any areas that you would like to fuel proof (inside the fuselage where the tank will sit, for example) can be treated with a simple mixture of 30 minute epoxy and denatured alcohol. Simply mix a small batch of 30-minute epoxy and then add an equal amount of denatured alcohol and blend the alcohol with the epoxy. Take an epoxy brush and simply apply a light, even coating to any areas that you want to protect.

The epoxy/alcohol mixture will go on nice and light, but dry into a fuel-proof coating.