Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobbico sukhoi

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobbico sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Kman1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico sukhoi

I am thinking about buying one of these to put a 91 os four stroke i have in..i was looking at this and also the seagull extra 300s anyone have any experience with either of these planes..and maybe some comments on both..i would really like a cap for this engine in a 60 size but it seems that most of the planes i see are either 40 size or need a bigger size engine.I am at altitude and have to keep to the bigger size of the range or the plane will be a dog thanks Kieth
Old 05-14-2006, 06:59 AM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Hobbico sukhoi

I have the Hobbico Sukhoi w/ a OS.91 4stroke. I maidened it a few weeks ago & love this plane. Flys like a much larger plane, very solid & Its a floater on landings. I haven't put it through its paces yet but for $150.00 it a great buy. The cowl is beautiful & the plane is very well constructed. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the covering, its not monocoat. If using the 91 make sure you reinforce the firewall a little. If anything happens to mine I would not hesitate to buy another.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:37 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

I have flown the Seagull 300 with a magnum 91 2 stroke. It flies well, but the ground clearance is not enough to use a 14" prop, so I was running a 91 with a 61 prop size (13X8). Actually, that is more prop than a 61 would like, but you get the idea. I swapped out the 91 for a Thunder Tiger 61 with a 13X6 prop and got very good flight manners with that combination, with less vibration than the 91 puts out.

Bottom line: I think the ground clearance issue makes this plane not a good choice for a 91 size engine, as you don't get the full benefit of the larger engine.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Kman1971

Thanks for the replies...that sukhoi sounds like a real nice plane..Kieth
Old 05-15-2006, 03:29 AM
joesabido

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Seagull Extra 300, I love it

I had a SuperTigre G61 in it, but felt it was not enough, so I put a Thunder Tiger 91 4-Stroke and flies real good.

I have a 14x6 prop and have never touched the ground with it (the prop), I just had to add slightly bigger tires.

Joseph