Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GSP (Giant Scale Planes) ARF Replacement parts

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GSP (Giant Scale Planes) ARF Replacement parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:45 AM
busarider29
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSP (Giant Scale Planes) ARF Replacement parts

Hi all.

I need a replacement set of landing gear struts for my 72" GSP Yak-54. I emailed the reps at GSP on this but got no reply so I'll be calling them today.

Does anyone have any experience with the customer service for Giant Scale Planes and are replacement parts readily available. I'm just dreading the possiblity that I may be in trouble when it comes to getting replacement parts for my Yak. I've heard plenty of horror stories on some of the hobby manufacturers out there when it comes to customer service.

Thanks,
Don
Old 05-17-2006, 09:12 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GSP (Giant Scale Planes) ARF Replacement parts

ORIGINAL: busarider29

Does anyone have any experience with the customer service for Giant Scale Planes...

Hooo, boy. Where's that popcorn?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Whatever you do, don't get the parts through GSP. There are countless threads here that talk about the terrible service people have had with them. There are other choices including nitro models, raidentech,and AK models. Check with these other stores first. Some people have had issues with Raidentech, so you may want to avoid them as well. Here is an example of my own personal experience with replacement parts:

I needed a new set of nacelles for my C160 plane. I contacted GSP and they wanted $30 plus another $15-$20 shipping. I contacted AK models and got the same set of nacelles for $18 shipped. I also contacted Nitro models and Raidentech, and they didn't even bother giving me a price quote or returning my e-mails. Obviously I am partial to AK models, so check with them to see if they carry that particular plane.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:55 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

AK Models will take care of you.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

GSP has NEVER, *EVER* even replied to a REQUEST about spare parts. I made the mistake of buying ONE plane from them, the YAK 54. Then the CMP Giles (because they had it in stock).

But never, EVER again... absolutely NO communications, no responses to emails, no responses to parts inquiries.... as far as ***I*** am concerned, I'm done.