Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Christian Eagle 2 help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes Christian Eagle 2 help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:50 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Great Planes Christian Eagle 2 help!!!!

Hey everyone Im waitting on my 3rd kit, I just had to send my 2nd back to the company after the 1st flight. I had a fuji 50BT on it and I just simply hate the engine so I decided to get rid of it and put something else on it. I read on great planes site they actually recommended a 64CC and the 50CC was the budget engine. So what gives the review said the 50 was the biggest? The fuji 50 just didnt have the power to do any major stuff it would almost stall trying to do a loop = (
I was thinking about a DA 50 but then since its so light i would have to add lots of weight to balance the plane. THe fuji balanced perfect with no weight, it was alittle nose heavy which is good. So please help when i get this new kit I dont want to drill holes for the an engine until i have one that will run great, and pull the plane great. I dont need it to hover = ) just have enough power to vertical for more than 5 secs = )
PS im new to gas this was my 1st gas engine
Old 05-18-2006, 03:31 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Christian Eagle 2 help!!!!

The Fugi is not in the same class as the DA 50. I would rather have the DA50 than the Fugi64. More power and less weight. I have the First Place 3.2 (52cc) in my Eagle. It isn't the CCs, it's the power you get with them, and all engines are most certainly not equal in that department.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:37 AM
sedrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a BME 50 on my eagle and it has more than enough power. Try a differnt prop I noticed a tremendous difference in performance switching from a Zinger 22X10 to a BME 22X10
Old 05-21-2006, 03:48 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

well would a DA 50 fit, since the cowl isnt very long, and da is rear mounted would i have to cut the firwall all up?