Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Nexstar select rtf. Success Guarrantee

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobbico Nexstar select rtf. Success Guarrantee

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 03:40 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobbico Nexstar select rtf. Success Guarrantee

[]I just crashed my Nexstar while following all Hobbico's guide lines to qualify for their replacement Guarranty. It is Sunday Memorial day weekend so I can't talk to anyone there until Tuesday. The plane crashed when I was pulling back on the elevator stick during my takeoff roll. . The plane didn't respond and went into a spin and cartwheeled without ever leaving the ground. Upon checking the plane my Instructor noticed that the nylon clevis pin had broken off rendering the elevator useless. My question is if anyone with a Nexstar or who had one was successful in getting a replacement under these circumstances?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
roltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico Nexstar select rtf. Success Guarrantee

Yes Hobbico did send me a ARF to replace it , but I had to send the wreck to them first. with the broken clevis pin, I hope you did not take it off, another word don't touch it, send it back as is, I removed all the electrical, motor, and servo and got a Superstar select 40 while waiting for a replacement from Hobbico, they are supper, emailed me that they had recieved it and were in the process of sending me a ARF, If you call them on the phone, you may ask if they will replace the whole thing RTF , I should of done that , because when you crash a plane there may be motor damaged and other problems? I think they should replace the whole thing, I too has a elevator clevis broken pin, but mine was about 200 feet in the air when it came straight down,
Old 05-28-2006, 06:33 PM
NCIS

Roltec, Thanks for the info! I am feeling better already. I have not touched anything on the plane except by putting all the original gear back on like their spinner, prop and wheels. I had put an aluminum spinner and a master airscrew prop on and also flying off grass I put 3 1/4" wheels on it. I added some decorative pinstripping so it didn't look like everyone elses. Do you think I need to worry about that or just leave the stripping on? After I made my changes I flew the plane probably 10 times and it flew great up until the clevis broke. Let me know what you think. I will call them Tuesday and ask them if they will replace the whole plane as you suggested. I bought it thru Tower Hobbies and I am a member of their super saver club if that means anything.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 PM
roltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: NCIS

Roltec, Thanks for the info! I am feeling better already. I have not touched anything on the plane except by putting all the original gear back on like their spinner, prop and wheels. I had put an aluminum spinner and a master airscrew prop on and also flying off grass I put 3 1/4" wheels on it. I added some decorative pinstripping so it didn't look like everyone elses. Do you think I need to worry about that or just leave the stripping on? After I made my changes I flew the plane probably 10 times and it flew great up until the clevis broke. Let me know what you think. I will call them Tuesday and ask them if they will replace the whole plane as you suggested. I bought it thru Tower Hobbies and I am a member of their super saver club if that means anything.
No I would not worry about the stripping even the masterairscrew prop would not matter, mine was in small bit after the crash.

roltech
Old 05-29-2006, 04:45 PM
NCIS

Roltech
I will leave the stripes on then. Will send it back as soon as I get my instructors signed statement. Thanks for responding and helping me out.
Gibbs