Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull Laser 200 wing bolts

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull Laser 200 wing bolts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Mooney
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Laser 200 wing bolts

Has anyone tried running a 1/4-20 tap into the blind nuts in the Seagull Laser 200 wings? 1/4-20 seems to be the closest thread to the threads on the bolts that come with the plane. They're actually 6MM but with a 1.25 pitch. 1.25 is the pitch for 8MM bolts. I've been tempted to try re-threading them. If you lose any bolts your out of luck because nothing else fits.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seagull Laser 200 wing bolts

I lost 2 of the original bolts and replaced them with standard 1/4-20 nylon bolts. There was no need for re-threading and they work just fine.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Did you loose them during a flight or just from transporting the plane? I always screw the bolts back in the wing when I'm done for the day. I flew my Laser again the past weekend and I'm really getting comfortable with the way it lands and nail it about every time. My bolts for the canopy seem to come loose about every flight and I've lost a couple bolts already. I guess the Laser 200 is not being sold any more, I don't see it advertised.
ORIGINAL: Mooney

Has anyone tried running a 1/4-20 tap into the blind nuts in the Seagull Laser 200 wings? 1/4-20 seems to be the closest thread to the threads on the bolts that come with the plane. They're actually 6MM but with a 1.25 pitch. 1.25 is the pitch for 8MM bolts. I've been tempted to try re-threading them. If you lose any bolts your out of luck because nothing else fits.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:28 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"I guess the Laser 200 is not being sold any more, I don't see it advertised. ''

Boy I hope not! That is one true flying bird.....
Old 05-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Zippi

I don't see it on Horizons Web Page anymore but I did see it advertized at Chief Aircraft Inc. for the price of $234.00. I still can't believe that this high quality plane sells for so little compared to what you see on the market.
ORIGINAL: tailskid

"I guess the Laser 200 is not being sold any more, I don't see it advertised. ''

Boy I hope not! That is one true flying bird.....
Old 05-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Mooney
My Feedback: (30)

No I didn't lose my bolts. I would rather use a 1/4-20 socket head nylon bolts which would much easier to get in and out with a ball driver. I tried a 1/4-20 bolt to see if it would fit and no way would it work. I bought my kit not long after they came out. They may have changed them in the newer kits. I also switched my canopy bolts to nylon and they seem to stay tight more so than steel.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM
jlkonn

If anyone lives within driving distance of SE Iowa I may be willing to sell a new in the box Seagull Laser 200 that has not been touched except to look at the stuff in the box.
JLK
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Ron Kinsey

Just put mine in today...in to the ground that is. Club Scale Contest...Rolled her at about 8 feet alt. and had a brain fart. Not a single piece of the plane was left untouched...
Went on-line looking for another without much luck. Seems they are no longer made. Did find a site (Googled) with one advertised for $239.00.
You can still get all/most of the parts thru Horizon.
But I lucked out by calling the LHS, and they have two. $219.00 Woo Hoo!
Loved this plane! I may even buy them both... ;-)

Well...at least I'll have extra wing bolts now...lol.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Zippi

My laser 200 has 1/4-20 nylon thumb screws. I'd like to try the nylon bolts for the canopy. Where did you get yours from Planeclothes?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Bob Zar
My Feedback: (5)

REGARDING THECANOPY BOLTS, I USE A WASHER AND SMALL PIECE OF FUEL LINE AS A VIBRATION ABSORBER AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS....LAST THURSDAY I CRASHED MINE DURING A FLAT SPIN..FORTUNATELY IT WENT INTO A TALL GRASSY AREA. THE DAMMAGE WAS AT THE LEVEL WHERE THE COWL MEETS THE FUSE...THE COWL WAS HARDLY DAMAGED BUT THERE WAS QUITE A BIT GOING ON AT THE FRONT END...USING ALL MMY SKILLS I WAS ABLE TO RESSURECT IT WITH VIRTUALLY NO EXTERNAL DAMAGE SHOWING AND ALL INCIDENCES ARE CORRECT...NOONE AT THE FIELD BELIEVED I COULD DO THE JOB, BUT THEY WILL SEE IT THIS WEEKEND...ANY NEWS ABOUT THE NEW SEAGULL EDGE???...I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN PICTURES OF THE WRECK BEFORE AND DURING REPAIR...REGARDS TO ALL....BOB ZAR
Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Planeclothes

Sorry about that Bob, but I'm glad damage wasn't that bad. BTW, I have tried several times to make this plane flat spin but it just won't do it. What is your high/low rates setup?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Bob Zar
My Feedback: (5)

I USE ABOUT 25 TO 30% MORE THAN THE INSTRUCTION BOOK CALLS FOR...FLEW IT TODAY AFTER THE REPAIR...INITIALLY IT WAS TOO NOSE HEAVY FOLLOWING THE REPAIR BUT MOVING THE BATTERY SEEMED TO DO THE TRICK...COULDN'T DO TOO MUCH TODAY SINCE THE SKY WAS GREY AND I HAVE A VISABILITY PROBLEM AGAINST THE SKY WHEN CONDITIONS ARE LIKE THAT WITH A YELLOW PLANE...ALSO MAIDENED A PATTI WAG.EXTRA TODAY REGARDS BOB ZAR