Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

world models cap 232 46r!!! omg!!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

world models cap 232 46r!!! omg!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:28 AM
Dav0012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default world models cap 232 46r!!! omg!!!

OHHH MY GODD!!! what has world models done???? they have destroyed the once good looking model!!!, i had recently bought 1 which im gonna have to try and find another somewhere to get, because this new colour scheme is absolutely POX!

This is the old scheme , and the GOOD looking scheme

and then they bring out this ugly looking THING (Edited by bubbagates for language)

umm for some reason only the original loaded which was the good looking scheme. trying to load new scheme
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2006, 05:31 AM
Dav0012

Default RE: world models cap 232 46r!!! omg!!!

this is the new scheme
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52140.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	469266  
Old 05-31-2006, 05:34 AM
Dav0012

another view of the new scheme
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83803.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	469267  
Old 05-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeap, Was told by Airborne Models here in the US that they had to do that. Its seems that Castrol didnt like their name on the plane. Copywrite rules you know.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:40 AM
sigrun

Geezuz that was quick! I thought we'd still have the Castrol decal decorated unit available locally until HHQs stocks were exhausted, and even then didn;t consider it'd be a problem in Australia and that we'd possibly get existing stocks decorated in that scheme diverted from the factory which were't acceptable in the U.S. Market.

The problem with the scheme was allegedly due to a demand from either Castrol (primary sponsor of the real one) or [link=http://www.mikegoulian.com/html/michael_goulian.html]this guy[/link], althugh that's admittedly hearsay. Can't see it being an issue over even them not wanting it on the model per se, as all exposure is advertising, rather one about wanting money from WM for the right to use it. In a way I suppose that's reasonable as it does make the model a lot more desirable and attractive = sales no argument, but as long as what's being asked for is reasonable and in proportion. However Chinese business practice has never been big on paying royalties where they can dodge them. I suspect that's why World Model's previous very attractive Breitling scheme quietly disappeared as well to be replace by the Castrol one.. Notice that neither Black Horse or Phoenix use the Breitling name on their Sukhoi Su-31's or CAP? For what Kyosho charge or used to charge for their kits, I don't think paying the royalty would have presented an issue although in the final analysis, purchasers were actually the ones paying it. I'd love to know how much it was.

Anyway, thanks for the shout. I was putting it off for a couple of weeks as I picked up an oppo buy on the other model I wanted only last week, but I'm heading out to buy one first thing in the morning hoping the colour scheme inside still matches the Castrol one outside on the box. I'll b sure 2 give it the Mk I Eyeball check before I buy.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:58 AM
derek533

That is pretty ugly. I just finished mine a couple of days ago and took some pictures of it showing the old color scheme with Castrol on it. You can see it here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4327779/tm.htm
Old 05-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Dav0012

yeh, i beleive castrol should take it as free advertisement for them, not complain about modelers taking their name to have good looking planes in the air, i mean, geez, not like its gonna affect there company apart from advertising for free for them?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Dav0012

and not just the castrol aviator on the wing, i mean all up the side of the fuse is now in my opinion stuffed, the writing across the side is pretty poor looking...
Old 05-31-2006, 04:58 PM
sigrun

ORIGINAL: Dav0012
yeh, i beleive castrol should take it as free advertisement for them, not complain about modelers taking their name to have good looking planes in the air, i mean, geez, not like its gonna affect there company apart from advertising for free for them?
A. It establishes a precedent, and B. breach of copyright in the particular happens to be a high profile issue about which the U.S. is like a bear with a sore head with China at present among other things, ie: value of the yuan, imbalance of trade, military 'transparency'. I understand the action/complaint was originated in/from the U.S.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Dav0012

bummer, because it was such a good looking plane, im gonna have to try and find another old 1 quick to just keep in its box for when i finish with the 1 ive currently got... snapped rolled it into ground on landing and scratched heaps of paint off cowl, (3-5 month backorder on cowls) but yeh im hoping i can get another 1 to keep stored for later use.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:04 PM
sigrun

Dav0012 have you actually seen the new 'deCastrolized' version in your LHS here with your own eyes, or are you speaking conjecturally based upon your recent personal discovery of the new modified scheme displayed on The World Models Manufacturing Co Ltd PRC website?

Old 05-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Dav0012

mainly just the website, and i have seen a picture of one built by someone, and it aint no where near as good as the original
Old 05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
sigrun

ORIGINAL: Dav0012
mainly just the website, and i have seen a picture of one built by someone, and it aint no where near as good as the original
I agree. It looks comparitively plain out of its fancy clothes.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:10 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Kaos Krazy

Yeap, Was told by Airborne Models here in the US that they had to do that. Its seems that Castrol didnt like their name on the plane. Copywrite rules you know.

Yeah I was told same thing. I purchased 2 when they first came out and I'm glad I did the new scheme sucks. Here's E-Mail I got off Airborne Models.
Dear Sir,

We have some copyright issue to be settled, so we stop selling this model. We will have a slight different color scheme CAP232 available in 6 weeks' time, we will put them up our website once available.

With best regards,

AirBorne Models