Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CG Tequilla Sunrise ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CG Tequilla Sunrise ARF

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 PM
flyer495th

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Tequilla Sunrise ARF

I have a Tequilla Sunrise and have set up everything per the manual. The manual and other articles call for the CG to be 2 1/4 inches back from the leading edge. My plane still fly's tail heavy with this setting. Has anyone else had this problem or should the CG be closer to 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 from leading edge.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CG Tequilla Sunrise ARF

ORIGINAL: flyer495th

I have a Tequilla Sunrise and have set up everything per the manual. The manual and other articles call for the CG to be 2 1/4 inches back from the leading edge. My plane still fly's tail heavy with this setting. Has anyone else had this problem or should the CG be closer to 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 from leading edge.

Thanks for your help!
You must have the .25 size, because my .40 size Global Tequila Sunrise manual says the balance point is 5.25" aft of the leading edge at the fuselage.

Both versions are very nimble and snap with a little too much elevator. What does it do to make you consider it tail heavy?

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 06-06-2006, 05:18 PM
LANNYBOB

i had one of those about five years ago and it went up, banked to the left and stayed there. i then torched it and left it burn engine and all. i tried looking for the manual in the garaga but cant find it i must of thrown it out years ago.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:08 AM
flyer495th

It is a 25 size one and I have an OS .25 FX in it. The plane takes off and flys extreme like it is tail heavy. Others at the field keep telling me that is tail heavy. Just checking to see if others have had the same problem. I am going to repair the unit again and give it another try. But add weight to the front and move the CG forward about a 1/2". Thanks for the response!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyer495th

It is a 25 size one and I have an OS .25 FX in it. The plane takes off and flys extreme like it is tail heavy. Others at the field keep telling me that is tail heavy. Just checking to see if others have had the same problem. I am going to repair the unit again and give it another try. But add weight to the front and move the CG forward about a 1/2". Thanks for the response!
Forgive me, but I'm still not convinced your airplane is tail heavy.

If moving the CG forward doesn't turn this into a docile flyer, do not be surprised. My suggestion is to reduce the control surface travel to about half the recommended, on low rates.

This plane is very fast, nimble and aerobatic. (translation : unstable.) Even when it's balanced correctly. Making it nose heavy will only complicate matters.

Please let us know how it works after you've changed the CG.
Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
flyer495th

Thank you for the response. I rebuilt the Tequilla Sunrise today and added 1 oz of weight to the nose. That moved the CG to 1 each back from the leading edge of the wing. I will not be able to fly again until Tuesday of next week. We have rain not clearing until Sunday sometime. I adjusted the elevator controls for less on dual rates. I will let you know how I make out.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
flyer495th

SCAR, THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. I WENT TO THE FIELD TODAY WITH THE CHANGES TO ELEVATOR MUCH LESS & THE EXTRA WEIGHT ( 1 OZ ) IN THE NOISE. THE PLANE FLEW LIKE A CHARM. I DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE TRIMS. IT WAS STRAIGHT AND LEVEL AS AN ARROW IN FLIGHT. THE LANDINGS WERE A LITTLE FAST BUT NO PROBLEMS. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

BOB