Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Mile High Wings Xact

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Mile High Wings Xact

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Tim Taylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mile High Wings Xact

Here's one I haven't found anything about in RC Universe. It's an Xact by Mile High Wings. This plane is all fiberglass and is shipped in a wooden crate. The motor is a Magnum 52 2 Stroke spinning a 12.25x3.75 prop. The first flight was in a 22 mph wind. I'm very used to flying in wind but the first flight with this one was a bit hairy. It's a pretty light plane and the tail was being buffeted a bit. Landing was at 45 degrees to the runway.

Website; http://www.milehighwings.com/xact_order.htm
Kit Review; http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=4426

Here's the picture.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24347.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	475381  
Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Tim Taylor

Default RE: Mile High Wings Xact

The second day with this plane was a bit different. It was a rare windless day. First flight the plane wanted to twitch on turns, like there was a bunch of aileron. It didn't take much to turn it completely over, worse than a tip stall I'd say. I landed and sure enoughI had programmed the wrong switch for dual rates. I had about 1 inch of movement on the ailerons. The plane calls for 1/2 inch. I got that straight, programmed in some differential and tried again. Now it flew much better but I could tell it wasn't quite right yet. It still had a bunch more aileron than it needs. So I landed and gave it a little more differential. That fixed it, but now it's way noseheavy. I brought it home and removed 1/2 ounce from the nose and added -30% expo to the ailerons and elevator. I also reset the dual rates. I'll try it again in a day or two and see how it goes. I think I'll be removing about another ounce from the nose, Time will tell.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Tim Taylor

I flew the Xact by Mile High Wings yesterday and today. I took off 1.5 ounces of lead and expect to remove the remaining 1 ounce. I think this is going to be one of my favorite planes. With the addition of expo and the removal of lead all the problems I was having earlyer have gone away. I did break the tailwheel though. I don't have any videos of it flying yet but here's some other inflight vids.

http://www.rawlinspropnuts.com/videos/

Tim
Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Tim Taylor

Back again,

I had more of a chance to fly this airplane over the last weekend. All but one ounce of lead has been removed from the nose and it flys better all the time. Adding the 30 percent expo took out the sudden dips in the wing. The tailwheel bracket broke so I'm waiting on a new one. My fault, tryin to land tail first. The wind over the weekend was 10 to 20 mph and it didn't hardly notice. I think this is going to be one of my favorites.