Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

spiner mount problem on H9 funtana 40

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

spiner mount problem on H9 funtana 40

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spiner mount problem on H9 funtana 40

I am fit to be tied about now.I built the funtana 40 and love it butttttt I am struggling with the install of the spinner that came with the arf.I hate it!!!it's giving me all sorts of problems ..I am using a apc 13-6 as recommended by magnum.it's a magnum four stroke 70..I use spinners but maybe its the thickness of the prop I dunno I am going to chuck it!!!I should probably just go to a lhs and get an aluminum spinner that screws on instead of these pladtic crappollas. help!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:04 AM
cloudancer03

Default RE: spiner mount problem on H9 funtana 40

well after a little research I dont feel comfortable turning a 13 inch apc on my 70 fourstroke with a plastic spinner.I am reading that with any back fire the plastic wont take it and that sure sounds a wee bit unsafe.so I guess I have to bite the bullet on this and go with a aluminum spinner either from vortech aka dave brown or the cadilacc tru-turn..at least that wont require any cutaway on spinner.I am concerned when you sre gouging and cutting plastic back to clear the center of the prop.I suppose had I put on a wooden zinger it would have been easier but I realize a wooden prop on a fourstroke is asking for trouble.and others have stated that fourstrokers love heavier props ..god this is frustrating sometimes..oh well its monday guess I'll grab another plane and go burn up some fuel..
Old 06-12-2006, 10:43 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Do your self a huge favor and spend the money on an aluminum spinner. I tried modifying plastic spinners several times and they all either didn't work or broke. I finally spent the money on a TruTurn and love it. It is sooooooo nice looking on there and very solid. Do it, you won't regret it.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
cloudancer03

you have that right on the money..no more plastic crap..I was cutting it up to fit the prop and besides looking crappy on a nice new plane I was questioning the safety of such a procedure especially on a fourstroke.sooooooo I looked at tru turn .ouch but I know your right too..I did find several other sources one in new jersey and another was kange.but and I say the tru turn has the spinner needed for wide apc props..so I will make the investment.I did purchase earlier a vortech 4 inch spinner for a 3w 60 and its fine ..no more plastic spinners they are hard to deal with and I have flown too many years you'd think I would have known better.oh well lol..thanks your advice is well taken!!!