Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Giant Sportser

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Giant Sportser

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
drksky1056

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Giant Sportser

I'm looking at getting the Giant Super Sportster and putting a Brillelli 40GT on it. This will be my first gasser and am looking for any advice or useful tidbits for this plane/engine combo.

The plane specs recommend the Fuji Imvac 32 with the motor mount designed for it. I'm looking for sport performance and in my experience GPs power requirements usually results in anemic performance. Would the 32cc be a good power match for a 14lb plane or would I be better off going with the larger Brillelli 40cc? The other good thing about the Brillelli is that it offers EI for just $25 more than the Fuji magneto version. I just want to make sure that I would be able to fit the Brillelli without having to cut up the cowl too much and with a minimum of modification to the firewall.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
marmitas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Giant Sportser

The Fuji 32 flies the plane very very well.
Great Planes flew demos with that very setup at the Futaba XFC...and the perfromance was very strong.