Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GiantScalePlanes.com ?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GiantScalePlanes.com ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Robby368

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GiantScalePlanes.com ?

Anyone ever heard of them? I found them while surfing for my next giant scale. They have a 98" Sukhoi that looks yummy. But are they a good business? Any complaints about them?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
ericrcpilot
My Feedback: (145)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GiantScalePlanes.com ?

I will share my experience. My friend and I (which live 3 blocks apart) both ordered Baby Cap's from them. My shipping was $5 more because my package weighed 3 lbs more. Both of our planes flew like crud. Just my experience.
Eric
Old 08-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robby368,

I have the Giles 202 140 running a Brillelli 26cc gasser on the business end. for the price you can't beat it. They are just like all other ARF planes, I always re-epoxy the landing gear area and the firewall and engine box. I've seen the Extra 300 and the Katana S fly with an OS 160 and they fly really well. Seems like the bigger planes are built a little bette than the small ones. This is just my thoughts on what I have and what I've seen. Everyone has there own opion.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:29 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They sell basically the same planes as a couple of other online shops. I've bought from them, when I couldn't find the same model with cheaper shipping elsewhere. I have no complaints.

So far, with the exception of one model, all of my CMP models have been in the 1.60 glow range in terms of size. They look great and you can't beat the price. Are they perfect? No, but neither are some of the ARFs available from some well known names that charge two to three times as much for essentially the same quality.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 72 inche P-51 about 4 years back. The thing was a flying boat anchor. I finally got fed up with it and just pancaked it onto the runway. Gutted it and installed everythng into a 72 inch ModelTech P-47. Flys like a dream to this day.

I would stay clear of them.