Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

NITROPLANES-LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

NITROPLANES-LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NITROPLANES-LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

These guys crack me up. They saturate RCU with ads on all their planes. If they think there planes are so great they do not need to answer questions from us, they are sorely mistaken. We have a thread going on in Extreme Speed an cannot get answers from these guys at all. I went to the for sale area and same thing.

The only reason I am interested in their Bobcat is because it is a sport plane. I would not touch anything else because they cannot design a sportscale to look like whatever it is it's suppose to be. If I designed a P-38 the way they have, it would be a crime to ask or more than a couple hundred at most.

The Bobcat is the first decently designed thing i have seen at all from these guys, If they cannot give a full description or answer some questions, they can keep it.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
drone pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITROPLANES-LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

HAA..... I made an offer on a Macchi and after 12 days withdrew it because I never got an accept or decline. Called them on day 9 and they told me ...the e-mail guy is out for the weekend...They don't seem to even want to sell.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:57 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NitroPlanes is strictly a reseller. They are in it for the buck. They are not modelers. When their rep gets too bad, the will change their name and location again, & move on. I think, that it's up to the RCU staff to look into this stuff before accepting their ads.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nitroplanes is Raidentech.

Do a search in the ARF forum for Raidentech. They got tarred and feathered about 9 months ago for not delievering products that were paid for.

I suggest using credit cards to pay for any items purchased from these clowns. At least if you don't get the plane--the credit card will refund your money.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't like them, then you don't have to buy from them. You don't care for their customer service, so why WOULD you buy a plane from them?
I have bought their ( note spelling, please ) Tiger Moth, and built it. It is a great flying airplane. We all know the pitfalls of this line, but I bought it anyway and am happy I did.
You buy an inexpensive plane and expect them to spend lots of time answering questions they wouldn't know, and expect it to be perfect. WAKE UP. If you can't figure something out, then DON'T GET THEIR PLANES.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

You buy an inexpensive plane and expect them to spend lots of time answering questions they wouldn't know, and expect it to be perfect. WAKE UP. If you can't figure something out, then DON'T GET THEIR PLANES.
Sorry, got to disagree here. The price of any plane, in this case a cheap one should not be an excuse for not being able to supply basic info regarding their product. If they (Nitro) don't know anything about what they are selling, they ain't gonna be around very long. Besides good customer service goes a long way, unfortunately it's hard to come by in a lot of businesses these days.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:12 PM
drone pilot

Gosh I wish my crystal ball would get back from the service center...... I heard a lot of good things about the airplanes Nitro Planes has to offer. I read some good reports from people about service. So based on the opinions of others I placed an offer for their ( is that spelled right?) Macchi and received no reply for more than 10 days......I finally called and was told the e-mail person was gone for the weekend, so I still had no info on my offer. I finally found out how to cancel my offer and did so. Then by gosh I got an e-mail from Nitro saying that the e-mail guy HAD BEEN on vacation for a week. All they had to do was tell me the truth and do it in less than 10 or 12 days and I might just have gone ahead and bought the plane, even at their ( got it right twice) price. They gave me the impression they didn't need my business, so I'm going to spend my money where it is wanted..... Please understand, everyone has an opinion......even if they are wrong!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Sport_Pilot

I think the name Nitro would indicate they are all hype and no substance.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:32 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have purchased four planes from them, the latest being the Bobcat. At the price I figure it could not be too much, but might be fun to play around with. I have always recieved everything I ordered from them (knock on wood) so far, without problems. I have went directly to their website listed in the RCYU ad, which offers it at RCU prices, and bought it from there, using my CC and got confirmed shipping within 24 hours. Everything was shipped FedEx and I got it within 1 week. I am waiting on the Bobcat now, but have already received the shipping confirmation. So far everything I got from them has flown successfully. There are never any decent directions given, and some of the hardware is not useable. Every time I hear about bad experiences with them, I cringe, thinking I am dodging a bullet.
Tommy
Old 08-09-2006, 03:28 PM
drone pilot

Doc, Glad to hear of your positive experience with Nitro. Like I said, I did some checking before I decided to buy. I was aware of some of the short comings of some of the kits. I have purchased other ARF's where the instruction manual was almost useless, and some times the parts needed to be modified a tad to fit properly and I was prepared for that. BUT I do not like to wait in line if I don't have to. I DO NOT like to be ignored by a salesperson, and I am DA-- sure I'm NOT going to beg someone to take my money, there are enough people out there willing to take it and give me some, if only a little, service in return. Be happy in your work.........
Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Big Daddy-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Sounds like there(NITROPLANES) CUSTOMER SERVICE sucks. [&o]
I heard people getting kits with the wrong parts inside or parts missing. And very hard to get a hold of.

I hope they change there customer service soon or someone else take over the business because I realy would like to get that
nice new BOBCAT they just got in!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
DocYates

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not condoning their behavior nor their customer service, I was just relaying my experiences so far. Like I said, for the price I had to try out the Bobcat, if I get burned I will chalk it up to a valuable lesson and will not do business there again.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:22 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried to order 2 bobcats, but they wont send them over to me here in europe [:@]
Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 PM
drone pilot

As much as I would like to fault Nitro for not shipping to Europe, I can't. It works both ways there, shipping from Europe to U.S. is some times half the price of the kit. Nitro IS a distributor, and I would think there would be some dealer / re-saler there that has the same planes as Nitro. I know that, for instance, VQ models are sold in Europe under another label, and only with some pestering did certain planes become available here that are available in Europe under the other label. Good luck and keep trying......Cliff
Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

I tried to order 2 bobcats, but they wont send them over to me here in europe
Why don't you have someone from the US send it to you. Probably be a little cheaper for shipping even if you could order from nitro.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Cyclic Hardover

ORIGINAL: Rcpilet

Nitroplanes is Raidentech.

Do a search in the ARF forum for Raidentech.
I remember that now. No wonder. Definitely a buyer beware. You really have to get into some "Zen" frame of mind. I did this on a planelast year which i do brag about. Frankly, you see the plane, it looks good but not sure about quality. If it is lacking, are you confident enough to fix it because you also accept the fact that their is no customer service at all and the plane is not worth the aggravationof returning it. So if a person can accept these terms, by all means get the plane. The Bobcat looks like a good risk but I know I get what I pay for but you can get lucky.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Cyclic Hardover

ORIGINAL: DocYates

Well I have purchased four planes from them, the latest being the Bobcat. At the price I figure it could not be too much, but might be fun to play around with. I have always recieved everything I ordered from them (knock on wood) so far, without problems. I have went directly to their website listed in the RCYU ad, which offers it at RCU prices, and bought it from there, using my CC and got confirmed shipping within 24 hours. Everything was shipped FedEx and I got it within 1 week. I am waiting on the Bobcat now, but have already received the shipping confirmation. So far everything I got from them has flown successfully. There are never any decent directions given, and some of the hardware is not useable. Every time I hear about bad experiences with them, I cringe, thinking I am dodging a bullet.
Tommy

Doc, whats the deal on retracts in this thing? Are they installed, or wells ready or strictly struts?? Thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 AM
DocYates

I have not recieved the Bobcat yet. It was shipped on Tuesday, looks like, so I probably will not get it till next week. You can ship to Bango Bango faster than you can to Alabama... I will let you guys know when I receive it, but from the limited pictures I have seen I am guessing it will not have provision for retracts, and will require some retrofitting to get them in there. I will try and get you some pics when it arrives so it might answer some of these questions that everyone else has, and maybe save some guys the trrouble of ordering if it is inferior. I'll get back to you soon.
Tommy