Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Venus II / Saito 125

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Venus II / Saito 125

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
codfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venus II / Saito 125

I'm thinking of getting a Saito 125 for my Venus II. Does anyone have experience with a Saito 125 on a Venus II? Does it fit into the cowling ok? How did you mount the engine? (side mount, 45 degrees or inverted). What did you need to do to balance the model?

Thanks - codfish
Old 08-09-2006, 06:27 PM
KGSS28

Default RE: Venus II / Saito 125

have a new one not flown yet but have flown friends with same set up

Works well inverted the muffler can go on the side and the cowl can be trimed so removing the cowl is possiable . the performance is awsom with the 125 just follow the break in TO THE LETTER to get the best result. We also used the stock mount with great results.

I have two elevator servos in the tail ,rudder inside under the wing bolt plate along with the standard JR battery pack and according to the great planes ballance I wont need any more weight to ballance like the book says.

We are running the Saitos with the Perry VP 20 shacker pump with great results
Old 08-10-2006, 08:22 AM
codfish

Thanks ksutherland,

I have been very impressed with the quality of this ARF so far. It is the best I’ve seen so far. (I’m in the building stage)

You mentioned you are running the Saitos w/ the Perry pump. is that in the Venus II? Are you using a pump because you are mounting the tank back further under the CG? I had thought about putting the tank back further closer to the CG so the balance would stay the same during entire flight. At this point though I think I will keep it simple and use the tank location Great Planes provided. I can always move it later (I think).

I would like to mount both elevator servos AND the rudder servo in the tail. With this configuration do you think I will need more weight up front (assuming the Saito 125 for engine)?

I was a little worried about mounting the engine inverted because of fuel siphon into the carb. Thought I would mount sideways to keep the carb a little higher. Any thoughts on this?

Your input is much appreciated!
Thanks! - Codfish
Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 AM
ilan_barak

ORIGINAL: codfish

Thanks ksutherland,

I have been very impressed with the quality of this ARF so far. It is the best I’ve seen so far. (I’m in the building stage)

You mentioned you are running the Saitos w/ the Perry pump. is that in the Venus II? Are you using a pump because you are mounting the tank back further under the CG? I had thought about putting the tank back further closer to the CG so the balance would stay the same during entire flight. At this point though I think I will keep it simple and use the tank location Great Planes provided. I can always move it later (I think).

I would like to mount both elevator servos AND the rudder servo in the tail. With this configuration do you think I will need more weight up front (assuming the Saito 125 for engine)?

I was a little worried about mounting the engine inverted because of fuel siphon into the carb. Thought I would mount sideways to keep the carb a little higher. Any thoughts on this?

Your input is much appreciated!
Thanks! - Codfish
Codfish,

I have just maidened my Venus II with an inverted Saito 125. Actually, it is 10 degrees off inverted so I could add an exhaust knee and keep the whole muffler train inside the cowl. The engine runs great and idles great, no problem with inverted IMHO

good luck

Ilan