Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

prop choice - pilatus PC-9

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

prop choice - pilatus PC-9

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:07 PM
flynte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop choice - pilatus PC-9

Looks like it's going to rain all weekend, so good time to finish up the Seagull PC-9 fourty size. I mounted an OS 46 AX on it and wondering what a good prop size for the maiden would be. I have some 12x6, 10x6 and 11x5 kicking around. Any suggestions would be great.

flynte

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55802.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	506074  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 PM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: prop choice - pilatus PC-9

With what you have use the 11X5 Good vertical and real nice speed. not to fast
Old 08-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Fastsky

Default RE: prop choice - pilatus PC-9

I see that you have the engine inverted. Good luck with that! 2 strokes don't like to runinverted. The unburned oil collects at lower rpms and eventually douses out the glow plug. How are you at deadstick landings?? Ok now for the props, the 12-6 will be too slow to wind up and you won't get the rpms you need. The engine will also run too hot. The plane doesn't have a big cowl, alot of weight or a lot of drag so both the 10-6 and the 11-5 will work fine. You will have to try both to see which will work better. My self, I would start with the 11-5 prop as the 10-6 may over rev at full throttle. Ideally for that plane/engine combo if it was me I would go out and buy an APC 10-7 prop. It will give you lots of speed and still have good verticle due to the type of plane. Please let us know how you make out. [8D]