Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ESM Katana 2m

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ESM Katana 2m

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Maximoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESM Katana 2m

Hi, I am currently busy with the Katana 2m from ESM and have found the following problems:
1. Blank for drilling hole location to attach wing to body - missing.
2. My biggest issue at this stage has been that the wooden dowels supplied for "location" when attaching the wing to the body, does not help to keep the wing flush against the body. I have had to replace the dowels with bolts to achieve this, but am worried the the incedance of my wings may be out.
3. Rudder not square and therefore a very bad fit that does not look good.
4. manual very basic compared to Hanger 9 products, pity as this is a stunning plane.

Anyone had similiar problems or have I done something wrong??

Any idea what the ESM website is??

Thanks
Deon
Old 08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
kinverflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM Katana 2m

Deon,

My son has been flying his for nearly 18 months not had any problems with the build or the flying. If you make a small stud with a sharp point, to fit into the hole on the wing root rib (dowel location), then slide the wing on to the wing tube and line up with the reference points on the fus then press the wing firmly against the fus, the stud will leave a small dent and this is your dowel location. With regard to the fin, cant comment with out a photo. I found the instructions more than adequate, rarely had to refer to them.

This is the link for the forum in the UK http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,14319.0.html