Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

im new and would like some help

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

im new and would like some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:27 AM
nickdavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im new and would like some help

im new to the rc world. i have a arisingstar seagull trainer its ready to go except for one servo. i had the servo but i think my cat drug it off some where. and in case i cant find it i was curious if i could take one of the older servos that i have laying around and have it work. the servos and recievers that i have in the plane are airtronics vanguard fm. its a 4 channel radio. the other servos ar just mixed and matched most look like they have a japan makeer on them. is there any way that i can make one of those servos work?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:14 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: im new and would like some help

First see itf the plug fits the reciever.

Now look at you other servos, if the wires on the servo are black, red, tracer, that's the new standard. If your old servos are wired this way, you're good to go. If your wires are red, black, tracer that's the old Airtronics, you'll have to swap the red and black wires in the servo plug. Look close at the plug, one side you'll see the wires, the other you don't. On the side where you see the wires lift the little plastic tang that locks the wire into the servo plug, with the tang lifted you can pull the wire out, do both the red, and the black. You may have to pull the wires apart, the wire is three conductors molded into a flat ribbon, but it's thinner between the wires, it's easy to do. By pulling the wires apart about 1/2 inch you'll be able to flop the red and black wire, then reinsert them into the servo plug. Swapping the wires will make the sservo work.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:00 PM
nickdavis

i have a brown red and orange wire which one should i pull out ?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:27 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brown,red and orange are the same as black,red and white...it should be fine...Rog
Old 08-20-2006, 05:43 PM
nickdavis

thanks for all the help that did the trick the first servo itried didnt so i tried another ad bingo but now the push rods bending instead of moving the throttle all the way but thats an easy fix so thanks agian for the help