Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Has anyone bought this Extra 300

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Has anyone bought this Extra 300

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:30 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Has anyone bought this Extra 300

I was wondering if anyone has bought the CMP Extra 300 with the 72 inch wing span? How well made are thay and how do they fly? Thanks, Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34099.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	510904  
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
LonestarMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone bought this Extra 300

Capt'n, I haven't bought one, have seen it fly I want one tho.
Guy I know flies it w/ a O.S. 1.08/Bisson pitts muffler/sideways.
1.60 oz. servos
2.Flies like it on rails/ he flies full throttle all tha time /need for speed he has/no bad tendencies/can do most IMAC maneuvers
3.Lands like a dream.
4.Can't comment on 3D/he doesn't do 3D w/ it.
5.It's built like a tank,but very lite.
6.Mods:- close up one of the cowl holes to create baffle effect/open up bottom of cowl for exhaust air.
a.I don't know if they mod-ed it, but you gonna have to mod the canopy to make a hatch like the GP P-WAG otherwise you wear out the canopy takin' it off da way they have it. Go to AK-Models.com and chx out the Giles and you'll see what I'm talkin' about. Don't have a cam to post any pixs. It's an E/Z mod/saves time at the end of the day. I can attest to the quality 'cause like I said, this guy flies it Balls To Da Walls all da time. Snaps,KE,spins,inverted, high speed dives, etc. Go ahead , get one,Enjoy !!!!![sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-21-2006, 11:36 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LonestarMan: Are you sure it is the 72 inch Extra or the smaller 65 inch plane sold by the same company? Do you think it is big enough for a 26cc gas engine? Ask the guy what it weighs and the wing area is? Thanks Capt,n
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 PM
LonestarMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger that, It's the 72" W/S, He lives about 50 miles away from me, so I can't get pixs or weights. But IMO you can mount up to 26cc engine w/o any problems. You may have to go to a stronger mount if you go w/ gas. The cowling will support a Z-26, EVO 26,Brillelli 26 or any other flavor. Also AK-Models sells the same plane as well Chief R/C. Thanks,Rob.