Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Quality comparison between KMP and CMP/Nitro/Raiden....anyone?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Quality comparison between KMP and CMP/Nitro/Raiden....anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 PM
rc2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality comparison between KMP and CMP/Nitro/Raiden....anyone?

They both offer 70" fiberglass warbirds (example....70" spitfire).

Anyone with first hand comparison on quality and flying characteristics?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:14 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Quality comparison between KMP and CMP/Nitro/Raiden....anyone?

Flip a coin......

I've seen 3 ARFs that were the same airplane, bought at different times marketed by one "mfg". By "same", I mean like the 46size CAP by one mfg. All were bought in the same year. Box art the same. Building instructions the same.

One of 'em had a deadly weak stab. It blew on the first flight. Contest weight balsa that wasn't contest quality and was where only an inexperienced builder would have put balsa that size, much less weak balsa.

One of 'em didn't had more lightening holes in the fuse than the other two.

One of 'em only had about half the doublers glued. Actually, it was half the places that should have been glued were glued.

Heck, when ARFs differ so much from ONE MFG, why worry about comparing different mfgs. FWIW, those 3 "identical" airplanes by the one mfg....... I also saw the same kit in a difference box that was as identical to those 3 as they were to each other. It was supposedly by a different mfg, right.

BTW, I'd suggest you narrow the topic down to the airplane you're interested in. Then, people might be able to give some worthwhile info.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:22 PM
iflircaircraft

Send one of each to me.....I'll give you my opinion then.....LOL
Happy Flying
Old 08-26-2006, 09:06 PM
rc2007

Again, kmp has a 70"spit , so does cmp......they also have several other 70" warbird that are similar. There is a huge difference in price. Why?
Old 08-31-2006, 07:13 PM
doctorgo
My Feedback: (5)

You're using the word "quality" in the same sentence with KMP? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I think this is a great question , I have tried to ask in the past but because Andrew Kondor is so great at customer servace its difficult to get modelers to do any price comparisons so I will try .

1)CMP=China Model product - nice planes , lets say they are the value line of arfs warbirds , they need work -but not major , example include reinforceing glue joints , cutting more scale outline in the tail if you so insist ect ect . The CMPs have been flown by many on RCU with great success . They use to be sold exclusively by GSPlanes , then they lost the exclusive rights and now you see them on AKM, glow Rc and Raidentech +the 20 other names that Raidentech sells under .Average price of a real CMP is $199 .

3)Nitro Rc /Raidentech/hobbitech/egrandbuy and so many other scam names is all the same company , no one speak english , you get an answering machine when you call , they only have a semi ok rep on RCU because they worry about pissing RCU members off , on ebay they dont care , if you like to gamble buy from them . They sell CMP & CMP knockoffs , the knockoffs are no-where near as expensive as they try to sell them for you can win a CMP knockoff for under $100 on Ebay from much more reputal sellers , remember if you see a seller from southern cal on Ebay , elmonte ect ect chance are you are dealing with raidentech .THe CMP knockoffs are ok , but need much more work , wings are subject to poor glueing , poor fitting tail parts , poor plans and sometimes incorrect data on CG , so be cautious

4)Kondor - seem to have to most accurate outline , attention to detail and paint scheme . Howvere ealier versions like the Corsiar were dead ringers for CMP , they had wing matching paint problems ect , so it was difficult to tell the differance but in many case ANdrew always took care of the problem .
As far as an english speaking , careing person , Kondor seems to win the battle , RCU members report great customer servace .
Price is high for what I define as unknown quality because I personally have not purchased Kondor , retracts are standard so you can add that into the cost but dont know how good they are . I just can not seem to break the bank for a Kondor when I can bash a CMP for so much less -but that is just me and no reflection on the Kondor products .
Hope this helps
Thanks
LDM
Old 09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rc2007

They both offer 70" fiberglass warbirds (example....70" spitfire).

Anyone with first hand comparison on quality and flying characteristics?
KMP warbirds have scale outline and great flying characteristics. The KMP Spit is very easy to land. The CMP Spit, on the other hand, can be a real handful. Look at user reviews and flying videos of their Spitfire, Hurricane, and ME109, for instance. The later KMP warbirds come with air retracts, designed by YT International, and are made by ESM.

CMP, Nitro, Raiden warbirds are designed by a less competent designer and made by another factory. Look at the outline of the Spit and the FW190. They don't look right. They also don't come with retracts. You get what you pay for.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
rc2007

Thanks LDM, good info!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:59 PM
LDM

No problem Rc
Old 09-11-2006, 06:21 AM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

I would like you to qualify this when talking about their warbirds. The new KMP warbirds are the best quality arfs out there, the Spitfire is phenomenal. I have a yellow Spitfire and it is a top gun aircraft, the kmp definitely holds its own in the air though it is a good bit smaller, I just wish they made 80 inch and above. The first KMP warbird was the corsair which was about the same as the CMP one. They both had similar issues with the KMP being a bit better qualty, Kondor however tried to make his customers happy and gave service etc. to his customers. The newer kits, The Spit, Hurricane and Me109 are the best arfs of there size available in my opinion. The cmp are still the same standards as the old KMP series. That being said the cmp can still be made to look and fly well with a few exceptions.

Good Luck
Paul
ORIGINAL: doctorgo

You're using the word "quality" in the same sentence with KMP? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
LDM

I agree Paul -KMP is good quality , I do have some questions that others wont touch so maybe you will . This is not an attack , I really just want to know .
How is the quality in a features and benifits format
example -
retracts - good as Robart/CJ /sierra benfits --long last , practical -wont have to be upgraded .

My questions on Kondor have never been on quality or customer servace but all the guys on RC dont define what KMP quality is ???? what is it ??? it should be clear considering the planes are over $400 on average vs other imports .
Thanks for the time