Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Aresti 40 ???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hanger 9 Aresti 40 ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:39 AM
errie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Aresti 40 ???

Had anyone experienced this airplane?
I am onto my fourth plane now, and looking into pattern flying. A friend of mine have the GP Venus 40 with a Saito 82 and he simply loves it.
I have got a OS Surpass 70II lying around, that I want to use.
One of the reasons I want to go for the Aresti is that our LHS gives good prices on Hanger 9 ARF's, and I will be the only one with a Aresti

Some pictures of your Aresti's would be nice, as I cant find alot of info on this airplane!

Old 08-27-2006, 09:18 AM
drone pilot

Default RE: Hanger 9 Aresti 40 ???

I have flown my friends Aresti a couple of times and like it. It seems pretty solid and responsive. He too uses a Surpass .70 and I think it is a good match for the plane. Would suggest that you put the next size larger wheel on and enlarge the openings in the pants as they will get torn up pretty quick with any kind of hard landings. It seems to like to land a little fast, but not a real problem....
Old 08-27-2006, 03:22 PM
errie

Thanks for the info drone pilot!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:27 PM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Also looking at this plane for a friend and wondering if his .32sx will be enough engine for it? He is looking for something to do simple areobatics with.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Rebellion

I've been flying a Saito 82 powered Aresti for several months now. It can be made in to a great flying plane, but be prepared to play with control throws, cg, thrust line, etc, to get it that way. Also IMO it needs a few mods, especially if you're using an engine on the high end of the recommended power range.

Also looking at this plane for a friend and wondering if his .32sx will be enough engine for it? He is looking for something to do simple areobatics with.
I think the 32 would be marginal on this plane unless you could keep it VERY light. Also, the Aresti is happiest when flown at a pretty good speed. I'm using an APC 12.5x9 prop which the Saito turns at just under 10K rpm on 30% heli fuel and find myself flying at or near full throttle for most of the flight ( except on down lines, of course ). It just seems to lock in better when flown this way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74713.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	514239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65552.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	514240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56252.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	514241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98102.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	514242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70810.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	514243  
Old 08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
errie

Thanks for those nice pics edave. Are you using onboard glow on your inverted Saito?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Rebellion

Nope, no onboard glow driver. It took a couple of gallons for the Saito to fully break in and idle like it should, but since then, no problems. I would recommend a remote igniter though, just to make things easier on yourself.

Also, if you decide to get one, be advised that some have had the horizontal stab made from too soft wood and have failed in flight. I'd recommend either bracing it or simply replacing it with one made from solid sheet balsa, which is what I did. There are a couple more things I'd recommend doing too. If you're interested let me know and I'll post them here.

I put four more flights on it this afternoon. The more I fly this plane, the better I like it.