Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

hangar 9 edge 540 1.2 expo question

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

hangar 9 edge 540 1.2 expo question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
larry11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hangar 9 edge 540 1.2 expo question

hoping someone can help me out.

i have the older discontinued hangar 9 edge 540 1.2 (the blue and yellow one)

I was wondering if anyone has had one that remembers how much expo they used?

manual just says to "use expo"

I just finallyput this thing together. It definatally will not be a top performer now with how underpowered i have it. I have a 120 4 stroke with a 16x4 wide prop on it.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:29 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hangar 9 edge 540 1.2 expo question

Larry... expo is used more by the flier than the plane... since your not way over powering it I'll assume your not going the 3D route either... you probably won't need any expo unless YOU feel the need. Keep the control throws on low rate with no expo or very little(20% or less) for the test hop... once you start adding surface deflection and feels it a bit twitchy around center add expo as needed to make it feel right. I hardly use expo until I hit the 3D rate... 45 degrees+ surface deflection... then it's usually 50% or more on Ail/ele and 30% or so on rudder.

You didn't mention what radio... JR for sure and Airtronics IIRC use a positive value to add expo and reduce sensitivity around center +50% as an example... if you want to speed things up a bit use a negative value.

Futaba/Hitec use the Negative value to reduce sensitivity -50% as an example... Positive Numbers speed things up.

Making the mistake of using the wrong value can be very costly.

John