Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Raise the flags of all nations! DP Ultimate arrives!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Raise the flags of all nations! DP Ultimate arrives!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 09:34 PM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raise the flags of all nations! DP Ultimate arrives!

A slow boat from China, a dock strike, customs holdup in North Dakota and after 5 months of waiting, it has arrived!

Ahh, the sweet smell of Hong Kong harbor as I open the box. The abstract symbols on the box written long ago and far away... The picture of a half forgotten airplane.

In my delirious state I manage to record the scene on camera to give hope to the masses.

The stories she could tell.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	46334_7946.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	28738  
Old 01-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Looks real nice.....BUT it would look even better here on my table.....
Old 01-10-2003, 11:28 PM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

Default Ultimate

I am looking at a blue one also, how do the colors look?? What ya putting into it for power?
Old 01-11-2003, 12:52 AM
rhakkenberg

I have to go wash my hands now.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:40 AM
JDHammer

maineflyer-

The picture I took doesn't show the colors very accurately. The narrow stripes are the same colors as on the old one. The white is pearl white and what looks blue is actually purple. That's good because it won't get confused with the other Ultimates at the club field.

It arrived on a very cold day here in PA and there were no bubbles in the covering and no scratches or damage of any sort. ..Whew..

I'm going to power it with a Saito 1.20 which, according to past posts, will barely get it off the ground. hehe just kidding. Actually, I like to fly the wing and my favorite maneuver is the slow roll so a 1.20 shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:17 PM
bill white
My Feedback: (13)

Iv'e been flying the DP ultimate for almost three years now w/a Saito 150. You won't have any trouble w/the 120. It's a great plane. have fun w/it. You'll find that it was worth the wait

Bill
Old 01-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Pepe J
My Feedback: (2)

Default DP ULTIMATE

You Lucky bugger JDH! I've been waiting a year for one of those up here in Canada. I hope you guy's down south don't get them all or I'm going to be one unhappy camper! I got a Saito 1.8 collecting dust waiting to find a home in that bird ya got pictured there. I contacted the importer here yesterday and I'm just waiting to here back, so... hopefully... any day now. ENJOY!

Happy Fly'n....
Old 01-12-2003, 03:09 AM
JDHammer

OMG Pepe J- a whole year?

Tell your importer that you are now a record holder. I've gone through every thread ever posted on the Ultimate and no one has waited that long. Well maybe it's like a fine wine or a good cigar-needs some aging to perfect it.

I'm pulling for ya and my first flight will be dedicated to Pepe J in British Columbia.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:54 AM
Pepe J
My Feedback: (2)

Default It's been a while... A long while

Thanks JD, I hope the maiden flight goes well for you (and all others). I was going to scoop one up at the North West Model Expo at Puyallup WA last Feb. No one had them! It cost 10%-15% more for me to get product shipped up from the States. So much for free trade? I put an order in for one back in late Feb early March of last year here at home. No-Go. Tried another supplier in July, told me in the Fall. In the Fall they told me Christmas. Contacted the Importer in early Dec. He is more frustrated then me! I will be again attending the NW Expo Feb 1-2/03 and I'm looking into getting one there as an alternative? I am determined! I will get me one! I too will one day tear up the atmosphere with a grossly over powered DP Ultimate! I just can't wait anymore ....... just can't wait....just can't wait...

Happy Fly'n....