Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Aileron strength question

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Aileron strength question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 02:47 AM
jerryj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron strength question

Lanier Cap 232 ARF with Fox 3.2 engine. What are the proper servo torque ratings for each aileron, each elevator, and push - pull on rudder? I have HiTec HS60 5BB 77 in oz for push pull on rudder and each elevator half. Also JR 811 54 in oz for each aileron. Sound OK?
Old 01-15-2003, 03:39 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron strength question

what prop pitch will you be using?

the set up sounds on the low side to me. What is the min. oz the manual says to use? I then pump that figure up some always. you remember the h-9 extra had problems with flutter on lower oz servo as what they recommended and the sig cap 1/4 scale did to. Hitec makes some very cheap servos for the holding power they offer, or you could do the 90.00 shipped jr -8411 off of this site. the 8411 would be my 1st choice for ailerons as the holding power is great on anything. picking up a plane because of using min. strenth parts i dont think would be very fun. i flew jr 8101 on my ailerons on 1/4 scale planes and 8411 on the bigger 78" wing span and up. I found that if you do move up to a larger plane and take the servos off of the last plane you don't need to buy servos again as the ones you have are strong enough for the next project....

ps i know the 77 oz on the rudder is pushing it for performance issues (knife edge and def. knife edge loops)