Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
jwk72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

ORIGINAL: Waldopepperaxel

Yes Bring on the Pics and Flight reports of the big ol 150,, would love to see it in action too if possible.

Nope I haven't went and picked up my T_ _ _ T yet, I'm still debating on just completely making one from all my extra balsa I have, But I'm sure I will just go and buy it at the LHS, they always have one, I've been kind of building a stockpile over the last 15 years to build my own designed sky bird, I want it to do everything, Lightning Fast, Acrobatic as hell, slow as a trainer, 3D, 4D, 5D, and possibly cut the lawn and brush my teeth, If I can get it to cook a burger in flight, and drop me cold beers on those hot days, it would all just be a bonus.

I received a Cd last night on Jet airships, I enquired about a couple of weeks ago, I've been looking at a Strike Eagle 15 for a while, I found this website and asked for their free CD, so they sent me the Cd on their models sort of a spy before you Buy, all kinds of Jets for paved runway or grass fields, the models look great, but I have to sit down with th CD to get more info yet, the prices looked great which is what attracted me to them,
Listen up "R&D" team! Here is my idea for an all new T_ _ _T that runs on a new type of alchohol and includes bomb dropping capabilites. The new alchohol fuel system can double as the cooling system that was previously mentioned. And oh yeah, there is a on-board computer guidance system behind the cockpit as well. Waddya think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88226.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	599053  
Old 01-15-2007, 10:37 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jwk72, I like it! I can imagine the panic when you make a pass over the pits and announce "Beer Drop".
Old 01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Waldopepperaxel

LOL That is great !!!!!! not to be critical but is Miller lite the best alcohol for the job??? I use at least 15% I was thinking more like a little help from Ol Grand dad, he has a minimum of 86% but I prefer the 114%[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Love the R2D2 behind the cockpit too,,, keep up the good work,,, things are really cooking now

Jimeni I was just starting to get the rolling harrier on my 40 when some serious high speed and inverted show boating tore the wing from my plane at the end of our season, when I do something, I do it right,,,, lol,,, but I think my record was 3, I think DownT had that bird doing it pretty well, as he stated, one day your thumbs just start doing what they need to be doing but He couldn't tell us what that was,,,,or something like that anyway,,,it made perfect sense to me,,,just practice your butt off,, I have found there is nothing this plane can't do just like all the others only this one goes beyond her call of duty.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:55 AM
dutchalltheway

JWK72.....I'll bet all the pilots will stand by the plane when you start it up, to smell the alcohol fumes...That will be quite the scene...But...I volunteer to "maiden" this plane[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]...Ya think I will see "double planes" after a few minutes??
Old 01-16-2007, 07:09 AM
telejojo

I decided to put a SuperTigre 90 instead of the .61 so I will give a flight report in a couple of weeks
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
jwk72

Waldo,
You'd be suprised how hard it is to find pictures of adult beverages with the correct "angle". But I agree, might run a little sluggish on Lite beer. MIght have to go back and do a little re-designing! I'll see I can get something stronger.

Dutch,
the maiden is all yours, I want to catch the first beer! If your only seeing doubles while flying this plane, you haven't been flying enough[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]!

Tim C.
Gotta imagine everyone would be jumping around like single women trying to catch the bride's flowers at a wedding. At least I would be!

-Jay K.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:40 AM
sonnytex

Thanks Jim,
At least I'm not the only one noticing this problem - well, like Waldo, if anyone askes I have a "special" rudder configuration for doing "special" tricks
Old 01-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Jwk,, I'm sure it is hard to find that for sure,,, I had to show your pic to my friends at work today though, after all,,, it is a work of art... and thats what the R&D team is all about.

Sonny,,,, shhhhh,,, don't tell the others at your club about the rudder thing,,,, they'll all be wondering how you can pull off certain tricks, and when they try with their planes most of them won't work,,,, you can tell them all the control imputs you want to, but when you say you give it left rudder and then they try it, and their plane won't dive off the to the right, they'll be baffled[:@][:-] its fun to watch anyway...plus its a weapon on your side, especially in a dogfight.[8D] its not some great mystery or anything, but it takes a little thinking about.

Telejojo,,, looking forward the report with the 90,,, good luck

LOL TimC Beer from heaven is a beautiful thing.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Jimeni

After you bomb me with the 5th or 6th beer, I need to request that you hover in front of me so I can grab one, as I wont be able to catch anymore! And dont let me fly, 1 T---T doing a flatspin/dirt combo is enough, they dont like it very much.[&o]
Old 01-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Downtrodden

Please make that beer-bomb carrier a four-engine job that can take on plenty of cargo...if its a hot day it'll take many bombs to start that "glow" going! I'm thinking shot-bomblettes on the wings as well..........think of it............shot-sized flasks shaped like bomb casings. I'll be the first in all of history to willingly be bombed and then get bombed.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:12 PM
2HI2C

One of Y'all will have to be the Designated Flyer. As you know it is agianst the law to get Bombed & Fly.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
TimC

I went out to one of the two places I fly today and found it is closed to the public due to the filming of a commercial. There is a big tower with a tipping bridge between two big ramps. This commercial will supposedly be shown during the Super Bowl, so you folks here at the Twist thread will get a view of my flying field. It is an old abandoned airstrip near the internment camp at Manzanar.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Jimeni

ORIGINAL: dutchalltheway

Jimeni, I too have the FuntanaX50. I have a Saito .91 in it. Fly that beauty!!If you can fly the T _ _ _ T, you can fly the FuntanaX50. there is no difference in flying....

Did the 91 fit in without any modding? I'm thinkin a little more power than a 72 would be nice.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:06 PM
LUDS96
My Feedback: (23)

No Problem at all! I was looking at the 71 at my LHS just yesterday the size difference is minimal. I had to replace the motor mount as the original broke with a hard landing. I have no regrets. Just the right amount of power.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71747.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	600610   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45120.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	600611  
Old 01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Jimeni

Now I know the T---T can do anything, looks like it goes off-road too!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:05 PM
LUDS96

Our Club is called the East Coast Swampflyers. Well New Years Day it poured all day! Got a two hour break in the afternoon. Mud puddles abound. True Swamp flying that day!!!Happy New Year
Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 AM
dutchalltheway

ORIGINAL: Jimeni

ORIGINAL: dutchalltheway

Jimeni, I too have the FuntanaX50. I have a Saito .91 in it. Fly that beauty!!If you can fly the T _ _ _ T, you can fly the FuntanaX50. there is no difference in flying....

Did the 91 fit in without any modding? I'm thinkin a little more power than a 72 would be nice.
Jimeni...it fits fine...and lots of power too....flies like a dream.......I love the size of this plane....
Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
db_home

I just bought a Magnum XL 70 RFS for a twist. Anyone else flying with one of those? What prop?

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/210945.asp

thanks.

db
Old 01-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Jimeni

I started to by the magnum, and was planning on using the APC 14x4W.

Recommended Prop Size: 12x7-8, 13x5-8, 13x6, 14x5, 14x6.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHSL2&P=0
Old 01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
LUDS96

I'm running a Clubman Bolly 12.5 X 8 There made in Austrailia. I used to get the at Falcon Hobbies in Canada but there gone! Unlimited verticle with the Magnum 91 fs
Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Been out of town for a while, and came back to find that I missed some great activity on the good old Twist thread. Been cold and windy here, so not a lot of flying going on. Just holding on till Spring and entertaining myself with building and chatting with you guys!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
TimC

Good to hear from you Adam. Same here with the weather; cold and windy. Too nasty to do anything outside.
I'd sure like to try those Bolly props LUDS96. I've never seen them for sale here in the U.S. Why don't you send all the Twisters a big assortment for testing?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Waldopepperaxel

here, here, here, well said TimC, also cold and windy here, and I haven't been out of town,, just waiting to see some footage to get me through.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
mtwister

Not to start a war, but does anyone else think the Twist flies 3D like crap? I have to admit, this is one of the most disappointing fun fly/3D planes I have flown and owned. I have moved the balance anywhere from 4 1/4" to 5", laterally balanced, 4 stroke- 2 stroke it doesn't matter, this thing sucks. It is so unstable in any high alpha manuever, wing rocks like crazy. The only thing it does well is hover.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Downtrodden

mtwister

You're correct in assuming that we don't want to bash the T _ _ _ T, here in this forum that's dedicated to those that enjoy this craft to no end. If you're interested in finding out why it might not be performing as you expected, I'm certain you'll find all the assistance you could ever desire just by speaking up. Statements or questions, which shall it be? Peace

downtrodden

p.s. I personally find the craft almost too easy to fly.......forward, backward, upsidedown or sideways, spins, loops, and slides. I'll even go so far as to say there are planes out there that are much better than this one, but for $99 bucks this plane is a riot. I hope you stick around and discover why so many at this forum can't put it down. Then again, you might be such an advanced flyer, accustomed to dedicated craft that this little number will never fill the bill, but I hope to see you around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.