Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

What to do?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Huckaneer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

Well, I have a 46 FX and some servos from a Twist that I retired after last year. I am looking for the next plane that I should buy for the upcoming season of flying. Which plane out of the following 2 would you choose and why.
1) Hangar 9 Tribute 36
2) Hangar 9 Twist
I enjoyed the Twist, it was a fun plane to fly. I like to do 3D and at the end of last year I was just getting into hovering. So, which one would you choose. And if you have other recommendations feel free to post them.

Thanks for your input.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: What to do?

I have flown both of your options.
the tribute is a fun plane..only gripe is attaching the wing and making shure to get all the sx wires in the narrow fuse opening, the SFG's add a different flight character to the aircraft. rudder authority is amazing on this one it will spin around in it's own shadow i flew it with a magnum .61 f stroke/ o.s. la .46 /o.s. .46ax/ tower .46 all with great results.

The twist is also a blast to fly, since you already know that i won't go into detail
for 89.00 bucks you cant go wrong on the tribute give it a shot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78410.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	590590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80766.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	590591  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM
RVator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suitcase lost his Twist this year and also needed something to put his 46FX in. He got a World Models Ultimate 40 size. Not a 3D plane but you just got to have a bipe or two.
If 3D is your preference check out a Mojo40 profile or a Katana 40 from Ohio Model Products.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Huckaneer

Thanks for your replies guys. I was looking into these two planes because they are both on the lower end of the flight spectrum and both fly well as others have said. I enjoyed the twist and had well over 100 flights on it. It was awesome and I flew it all the time. I thought I might change things up and get the Tribute. So E-mo, which would you say would fly better on my particular set up.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:08 AM
stangevil29
My Feedback: (1)

You might want to take a look at the model tech magic extra 300L. Pull-pull on the tail feathers and very light. I flew the ever lovin S&^% out of mine with a 46 FX and then sold it to my neighbor, who in turn did the same for the next season. Probably one of most fun planes I ever had. just talking about it makes me want to go out and get one just for fun. Plus for 100.00 you cant go wrong. just my .02.
Stangevil29
Old 01-06-2007, 11:12 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

I had a model tech magic extra 300L and I loved mine.. It flew a lot better than the twist. It will knife edge unlike the twist. Blast to fly. An OLD friend of mine once said "don't buy the same plane twice." I havent yet.
john

P.S. I may have to make an exception, and buy another model tech magic extra 300L ????????????
Old 01-07-2007, 01:28 PM
sowega flyer

I'm glad to hear the raves about the magic 300L as I'm building that one right now as my first attempt at 3D flying. So far, I am VERY impressed with the materials and workmanship with this plane! The instructions are top notch as well- it rivals the top names and the price is great also. Hobbypeople.net has (or had- I don't know if they still do) their version, which I assume is the same plane, for 59.00!
Jason