Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Airborne Models

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Airborne Models

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 03:41 AM
bobf46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airborne Models

One of the retracts on my Miss America Mustang colapsed (on takeoff beleve or not!) on the first flight of its life. I called Airborne and without hesitating they said send it back for replacment (to my suprise I must say). I sent them back with a note asking them to please upgrade the gear. It is well known this is a weak area on there otherwise quality product.Well I received in the mail today a new set of retracts. Ya see guys customer service is not totally gone. Thanks Airborne!!!!!!
Bob
Old 02-12-2002, 06:08 AM
JERRY L

Default Airborne Models

HI bob.i am going to by w/m G/S p51 arf. i plan on useing a G/38 gas EGN. do you fly yours from gras. what size are the tires?
Old 02-14-2002, 05:47 AM
bobf46

Default Airborne Models

Hi Jerry
The tires are 2.5" and I fly off pavement. Im having a small problem getting it balanced to where it will land better. It seems to be very tail heavy and gets real sensitive in pitch when I slow it down to land. I moved the battery again, this time right in front of the servo tray. Ill try again thursday. Dont get me wrong it does fly well otherwise............
Old 02-17-2002, 06:32 AM
Weldo J Melvin

Default Airborne Models

Hello Jerry

I would think twice about mounting a G-38 on the G.S. P-51 from World Models. See my posting under Warbirds and Warplanes, dated 2-17-2001.

Weldo
Old 02-17-2002, 12:48 PM
BALSA BANDIT

Default MISS AMERICA

I'm running an OS BGX in my Miss America and could not ask for a better match. Ken....The "BALSA BANDIT"