Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Nitro models Bobcat with a 46

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Nitro models Bobcat with a 46

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:26 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Nitro models Bobcat with a 46

I picked up a Nitro models Bobcat from the WRAM show Friday as did my brother and a friend but we don't want to spend a ton on these until we decide if we like speed planes so it calls for a 46 as the min. engine required and we all have a 46 ready to put in. I have read a lot of threads and all kinds of engines are being used but nobody gave a real good flight report on a 46 being used. so if you have one with a 46 let me know how it flies, Can't wait for the warmer weather to get this one in the air.

Dauntae
Old 02-25-2007, 08:47 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models Bobcat with a 46

My friend got one friday too. Dick Sarapolous had one to do a review on I don't know if it's published yet though. Dick put an electric motor in it, from what I saw it flys OK, but different than a normal prop plane. It needs a pretty good takeoff roll, no prop blast on the elevator, the nose wheel needed a little lengthening and I think he may have had to beef it up some for our rough field. Watching him fly he flew it like a jet, big sweeping turns, at slow speeds I thought once I saw a little tip stall.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:58 AM
HOTRCPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models Bobcat with a 46

I HAVE FLOWN MY BOBCAT WITH EVOLUTION 46 27 TIMES NOW. CLIMBS GOOD. I HAVE MY CG 2 INCHES AFT OF NITROS ( LESS NOSE HEAVY) AND BIASISED NOSE UP SITTING ON GROUND TO GET SMOOTH TAKE OFFS. I HAD TO OPEN UP WINGS AND GLUE GEAR BLOCKS AFTER RUNNI8NG OFF INTO ROUGH FIELD. ALSO GETTING READY TO RE- BEND NEW STRONG GEAR WIRE-- MY IS LIKE BUTTER AND NEEDS TO MOVE MORE FORWARD. I KEEP BENDING THE KIT WIRE BUT IT KEEPS CREEPING BACK. USE LOTS OF ELEVATOR THROW AND MODEST AILERON. WITH LOTS OF RUDDER YOU CAN GET A KNIFE EDGE. I CUT A 1/4 INCH WIDE PIECE OF TIN CAN STOCK FROM 2LB COFFEE CAN DRIL;LED HOLES IN EACH END AND MADE A STRAP TO KEEP WING HALFS TOGETER AFTER ADDING WOOD BLOCKS ON INSIDE EDGE OF EACH WING. GOES FROM RIGHT TO LEFT ON BOTTOM. ALSO HAD NOISE OR RADIO INTERFERNCE FROM LONG SERVO LINES SO GOT THE KIND THAT HAVE A FILTER BUILT IN ON Y HARNESSES. MY FUSE IS STARTING TO SHOW LITTLE CRACKS IN PAINT SO MAYBE IN WILL REPAINT SOON WITH BETTER MORE FLEXABLE PAINT. ALSO MY CANOPY IS DISINTERGRATING AT THE SCREW POINTS. I THINK GLUING IT TO A WOOD FRAME AND USING A LATCH SYSTEM TO HOLD DOWN WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. GOOD LUCK. EVERYONE AT MY FIELD SAYS IT IS A COOL PLANE IN THE AIR.