Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KMP September Fury Hardware

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KMP September Fury Hardware

Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
pumbadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP September Fury Hardware

Just a warning to be careful when installing the provided hardware that comes with the KMP September Fury and probably the regular Fury. I want to make clear that I'm not flaming KMP because I think it's the kit builder that is cutting corners. The hardware is pitiful though. The screws are brittle; I had one break in two places while mounting the tail wheel assembly to the aircraft. I only had 3 threads in the aircraft and a pilot hole was drilled. The steering arm for the tail wheel is not secure to the mounting collar and about 3/4" free travel of the tail wheel is the result but even worse is that the control horn is made of untempered aluminum and will bend like a piece of lead if you try to use it. I'm going to have to come up with a different tail wheel steering system.

Also be careful with the retracts. The holes in the retracts were free hand drilled in mine. One retract was passable, the other I had to redrill the two holes otherwise the screw would be just barely inside the ply mounting bracket. I wrote KMP about the free hand holes and I'm sure they would have replaced the part had I not gone ahead and made it work. Make sure all the allen head screws in the retracts are tight too. Mine were finger tight only.

The only other problems are someone isn't counting hardware right. I was short one control horn and had 8 extra control horn back plates. Not enough wheel collars and not enough screws for the control horns provided.

The rest is just a matter of taste. As far as cheap parts, tires, hinges. Nothing wrong with using them but they could be better also.

Again, KMP is a good company and they're trying to make things right but they need to have a long talk to their supplier about quality.