Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Model

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Model

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Bob Pham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Model

Recently, I bought a World Model's Ultimate 30 biplane from Quantum in KY. One thorough inspection and preassembly of this ARF and I decided to call Quantum to buy another World Model - this time I picked a Super Stunt 40. Both planes are exceptionally well built and the quality of the hardware are first class. There are additional attributes:

1. The Ultimate 30 has enough wing area to go with a 40 and I have put in a light weight Fox 40 ABC.
2. The Super Stunt has over 900 sq in and should really be a 60 size so I have put in a Saito 91.
3. The covering on both planes is so good that the trims matched up perfectly when I put the wings (Super Stunt) together. The Ultimate has both wings prejoined.
4. The attention to very minute details include fishing line in the wings for servo wire, small block of balsa stuck in the fuselage (Ultimate 30) where the tail goes to prevent any chance of damage (you remove the balsa block before putting the tail in), both wing halves are matched resulting in 'better than I can do it with a kit', each plane carries its own serialized wing and fuselage and they ask you to write them in a form and send it in like a warranty card, and the list goes on.

I have decided to buy any future ARF only if it is made by World Model. I still build kits by other makes.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:56 PM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default World Model

That's certainly good to hear Bob!! I'm currently awaiting delivery of a World Model Ultimate 120, so it's good to read a post this positive about their quality The only other ARF I've ever had was my very first plane (a Royal Air 40) many many years ago, so I didn't really know what to expect from a modern ARF. Desire to have a large biplane and a severe lack of spare time to build it made me decide to go the ARF route. Fingers crossed it's as good as your .30 sized one
Old 02-19-2002, 12:27 AM
AcroFlyer

Default World Models

I have been flying World Model ARF's since they came out. In short, I love them ! Here is a list of the ones I have...

1 Extra 300 .30 (.52 Surpass)
2 Super Sports .40 (.52 Surpass)
2 T-34 (YS .53 FZ)
1 Super Emmeraude .60 (.91 Surpass)
1 Super Chipmunk .90 (.91 Surpass)
1 Cap 232 1.20 (Zenoah G-23 Glow) - just finished assembly

When I bought the little Extra 300 .30, the guys at my LHS told me it was a snap happy fool. WRONG ! It has been a pleasure to fly and acts like it is a much bigger aircraft. Rock solid on final.

You really cannot go wrong with any of the World kits. Yes, the landing gear has been a problem (soft). On my T-34 and Super Sports, I ordered two sets of the Hobbico Brightstar landing gear and have had no trouble since. Plus the Hobbico Brightstar gear can be had for about $5 from Tower.

If I didn't already have a Sig Extra 300XS, I would get the World Extra 1.20. I am just about finished with the 1.20 sized Cap 232 with a Zenoah G-23 Glow turning a Cleveland Cyclonic 18x6 CF prop. BTW, the Zenoah G-23-G is one strong running engine. It turns this prop at 8K !!

Hope you enjoy yours !

AcroFlyer
Old 02-19-2002, 06:19 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Default World Model

I love my world models extra 120. It has an OS 120 surpass engine and hovers at about 1/2 throttle. It is hands down the easiest landing scale areobat I have flown. No bad tendencies and the quality is very good. Will have to have another one if this one goes in.