Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Re: Miracle "y" Elivator Splittr

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Re: Miracle "y" Elivator Splittr

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 05:50 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Miracle "y" Elivator Splittr

Hi RED7FIFTY,
I got the two Elivator servo's (HITEC 605's) installed last night. Found out I needed the MIACLE Y ELIVATOR SPLITTER from MAXX PRODUCTS in Ill. Well guess what!! THERE OUT OF STOCK.
Im running a Futaba 8U radio with the EXTRA 300XS
Was wondering if you have any idea on how to get around the MIRACLE "Y" ELIV. SPLITTER part # 3169FJYR
Dont really wanna mount the left elivator servo arm pointing down oposit the right one. I spose I could hook the left servo in channel 6 on my reciever and slave it to work with the right servo in channel 2.
Is there any other substations that will work and are redally available to hook both servo's in channel 2
THANKS
NEDYOB

This is the number of the part & address if anybodies interested.....
MAXX Products
815 Oakwood Road Unit B
Lake Zurich ILL. 60047
TELE # 847-438-2233 or 1-800-416-6299
part #3169FJYR for $19.50 + shipping
Old 03-14-2003, 06:03 PM
OUTCAST

nedyob, When using a computer radio it's best to use another channel . This allows for independent end-point adjustment and centering, very important when using two elevator servos. You must be sure when you do this that the slaved channel will move with the elevator TRIM, not all radios will do this. If thats not your choice I recommend the JR matchbox. The HS 605 is not digital so if your handy with a soldering iorn you have a third choice, re-wire the servo to operate in the other direction. To do this remove the servo case, inside you will find the drive motor with two wires, switch the wires. You will also find the centering pot, this has 3 wires, you must switch the OUTSIDE two. Hope this helps
Old 03-14-2003, 06:11 PM
bestrcpilot

Due a 2-7 pmix. set the amount to 100 100 or -100 -100 depends on which way the servos are mounted, turn on the link and trim on, set the ofset to 0, set SW-B to NULL.

You Now have the two Elevator servo's working as one.
Oh you use servo revers for channel 2 and channel 7 to get the servo to work the right way around.

Hope this is what you needed.
Scott Yeo
Old 03-14-2003, 06:26 PM
nedyob

Default THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLIES

I did get a PM for a guy just now and re advised to :
"flip the servo possitions on each side of rear fuse. make shure they follow the same datum line on the fuse, use a Y connector.
Still trying to figure out what he means, I think that would put the LEFT servo are pointing down opposit the Right servo are pointing up. Am I correct??
NEDYOB
Old 03-14-2003, 06:57 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I think what he is trying to say, is the arms would both be down, but one servo would be turned backwards. One linkage would be longer than the other, but the geometry would still be relatively close.

I used the Miracle Y in the same plane, and it seems to work well.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:30 PM
S. Christensen

Nedyob,
The answer is as simple as a phonecall to Cermark in Santa Fe Springs, CA. They have the same servo reverser product and they do have stock, I just called them.

The Cermark reverser is their part number 246 and is called a JRY GSR (Gold Servo Reverser). I believe this is the correct P/N for your radio system, but you can check when you order it. For what it's worth, this reverser has worked in all of our models in excess of three years so far. It has been a good product for us.

Hope this helps and I apologize for interupting this thread.
Scott Christensen
SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:35 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default He has a computer radio!

Why would you buy a computer radio and not use a mixing function found within the radio to solve your problem? Adding a y-cable or splitting device kinda defeats the purpose of the Computer radio. Keep the wiring simple in the airplane and do a P-Mix on the radio to solve your problem. I believe the 8U has the mix you need already installed on it. I have the Heli version and it had the dual elevator servo mix.

Good luck, Phil (Mesa, AZ)
Old 03-14-2003, 08:58 PM
nedyob

Default I FOUND THE MIRICAL "Y" CONNECTOR

Thanks for all l that replied and helped me out.
I did make a call to Hobby Haven in DecMoines Ia. and they had one on hand.
I do have a Futaba 8U and realize I can program it into the TX, but I also wanna beable to use my Futaba Conquest 6 channel in case the Futaba 8 U goes down or goes in for repairs. Just trying to plan ahead and be safe.
Thanks to all that replied
NEDYOB
Old 03-15-2003, 03:20 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

if u can't get some in time hit me up as i have 2 used ones lying around 8.00 shipped a piece or 15.00 shipped for the 2.
[email protected]
Old 03-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Mettler1

I know of two airplanes that were destroyed that each had a reverser Y connector installed. Did the reverser Y connector fail in flight and cause the airplanes to crash?

Well, after each crash the reverser Y connector no longer worked as it was supposed to and the elevators worked in opposite directions. The conclusion was that the reverser Y connector failed.

Besides these that happened at our field I've "heard" of a couple others that crashed for similar reasons. Can't verify these two but I will use my computer TX to set up my servos.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:03 PM
nedyob

Default RE: METTLER1 POST

Hello METTLER1,
I have changed my mine and not use the Miricle Y. I will program the left elivator into my 8U
I've been tradeing post with RED7FITY and me strongly suggested using the radio to program it in rather then take the risk of loosing my plane to in flight error with the Y harness.
THANKS for the help
NEDYOB
Old 03-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Mettler1

Found this in a RCU search. Maybe failures are rare but if I can avoid a potential crash, I wihttp://rcuniverse.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123614&forumid=27&highlight=reverser+failurell!
Old 03-16-2003, 12:25 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

I recently had the same problem. I used Hitec servos and borrowed a buddies Hitec programmer. It allowed me to use a Y harness, reverse one of servos, and reset the centering. It worked great. Just FYI.

JW
Old 03-24-2003, 04:40 PM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

Use the AILVATOR mixing, it's preprogrammed, you use channels 2 and 8 for the elevators, just set the "aileron" part to 0% if you don't want the elevators to act as ailerons too. Leave the elevators at 100%. either +100 or -100, whatever it takes for your installation.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:54 PM
nedyob

Default RE: MIRICLE Y HARNESS

Hello to all that replied,
I will be programing the elevators through my TX and decided not to go with the Y harness.
Thanks for all the advise.
NEDYOB
Old 03-25-2003, 02:42 AM
krs

Best way is to use the "alivator" function. The 8U does this very nicely. Also you can turn the function on and off as desired.

Kevin
Old 03-25-2003, 04:32 AM
lilcap232
My Feedback: (14)

Default computer txs

Hi gang, well I have a current JR XP8103 AERO and guess what???
try if you must but no matter what channel you mix to, there is a switch or potentiometer somewhere on the TX that WILL negatively effect the end result if you inadvertantly move said contol switch........ just a little info........I've tried it to avoid the added weight of the Y Harness. I personally agree with reversing the correct servo internally...
JIMMY
Old 03-25-2003, 04:38 AM
BBriBro

Thats a bummer, with the futaba super 8, Older 8u and the 9 cap, if you use a pre-grammed mix, it disables the knobs, I think if you manually do a PMIX, and slave to a channel that has a knob, it may affect it, but even then I think there is a way to deactivate the knob, There must be a way with the "superior" JR
Old 03-25-2003, 05:04 AM
lilcap232

Default XP8103

if the "superior" JR has this feature and you know how to activate it, please tell me as it will save me the hassle. As for now I've tried it all and still no avail. JIMMY
Old 03-25-2003, 05:19 AM
300sjack
My Feedback: (4)

This is so simple it aint even funny!!!

Just 'flip' one servo over and then line up both servo control horns output shafts!!!

Even if this requires a small amount of 'rebuilding' the servo mounting hole, its still easy!!!

What this does is line up the shafts for 'equal' travel and length of your control rods with both horns 'either' up or down. And all it requires is a simple y harness..

hope this helps!!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:30 AM
lilcap232

Default duhhhhhhhhhhh

no offence 300sjack, but this conversation is aimed towards omitting the possibly unreliable "reversing Y harness" or the queer looking backwards mounted mating servo. I like for dual servos to seem perfectly symetrical as it takes any guess work out of the geometry. JIMMY
Old 03-25-2003, 05:44 AM
300sjack
My Feedback: (4)

Reversing Y harness???? If it were reversed---- (given my explanation)---- you would then end back up in the same situation your trying to avoid----duhhhhhh!!,

But no offense meant.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:47 AM
lilcap232

Default duohhhhhhhhhhhhh

reversing y versus standard y............was my point...............
neither of wich I truly want to use due to the complicated hard ware configuration or the unreliable reversing y........ JIMMY
Old 03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
OUTCAST

Originally posted by 300Sjack
This is so simple it aint even funny!!!
Just 'flip' one servo over and then line up both servo control horns output shafts!!!
What this does is line up the shafts for 'equal' travel and length of your control rods with both horns 'either' up or down. And all it requires is a simple y harness..
Wrong. The offset geometry will cause the control surfaces to have different travel limits, and the difference will increase as the travel increases such as 3-D mode.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:23 PM
BBriBro

I do not use JR, but I'm sure someone can chime in here, It works fine on the 8 and 9 channel Futabas, even the older 8UA, not the *s* It works very well, I would never even consider a Y harness, since you always have to adjust the endpoint anyway to get perfectly matched throws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.