Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

IS Dave Patrick Still in Business???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

IS Dave Patrick Still in Business???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:13 PM
RICK9303
My Feedback: (172)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS Dave Patrick Still in Business???

I've have emailed and phoned DP Models several times, on a ordered cowl. No, answers. Does anyone know if he is still running the business. If he is shut down, is some body taking over his planes?
Thanks for your time, Rick
Old 09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: IS Dave Patrick Still in Business???

Last I heard he's gone. Don't know much else
Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
flynhigh
My Feedback: (3)

To all of you wondering about Dave Patrick Models:

I called Cermark and got this straight from the horses mouth. No, Dave Patrick is not ill. He is well and doing just fine. And yes, Cermark is in the process of bringing back the Dave Patrick line of ARF aircraft. This was exciting news for me, as I'm sure it is for most of you. They said right now the delay is in manufacturing, for some reason( I didn't get all the juicy details) there's some sort of red tape their going through in getting the ball rolling in full force. But it's definitely in the process. I was also told that more than likely, the first plane out will be the CUB then the others will follow. So keep your eye out for them. I imagine they're pushing to roll out something off the assembly line by the holiday season. So long RCers. Keep you feet on the ground and your eyes in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"They said right now the delay is in manufacturing, for some reason" Didn't we hear that a lot when we tried Dave directly also? I'll believe it when I see it
Old 06-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: flynhigh

I called Cermark and got this straight from the horses mouth. No, Dave Patrick is not ill. He is well and doing just fine. And yes, Cermark is in the process of bringing back the Dave Patrick line of ARF aircraft. This was exciting news for me, as I'm sure it is for most of you. They said right now the delay is in manufacturing, for some reason( I didn't get all the juicy details) there's some sort of red tape their going through in getting the ball rolling in full force. But it's definitely in the process. I was also told that more than likely, the first plane out will be the CUB then the others will follow. So keep your eye out for them. I imagine they're pushing to roll out something off the assembly line by the holiday season. So long RCers. Keep you feet on the ground and your eyes in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I remember about Cermarks response is that they were going to re-introduce the DP Super Cub but were not interested in any of teh others such as the Ultimate. That about finished it up for me. Wow. that would bring the nimber of Cub offerings to slightly less than 10 million.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
ProScaleRc

ORIGINAL: Robotech

ORIGINAL: flynhigh

I called Cermark and got this straight from the horses mouth. No, Dave Patrick is not ill. He is well and doing just fine. And yes, Cermark is in the process of bringing back the Dave Patrick line of ARF aircraft. This was exciting news for me, as I'm sure it is for most of you. They said right now the delay is in manufacturing, for some reason( I didn't get all the juicy details) there's some sort of red tape their going through in getting the ball rolling in full force. But it's definitely in the process. I was also told that more than likely, the first plane out will be the CUB then the others will follow. So keep your eye out for them. I imagine they're pushing to roll out something off the assembly line by the holiday season. So long RCers. Keep you feet on the ground and your eyes in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I remember about Cermarks response is that they were going to re-introduce the DP Super Cub but were not interested in any of teh others such as the Ultimate. That about finished it up for me. Wow. that would bring the nimber of Cub offerings to slightly less than 10 million.
I must admit I love my DPM Super Cub and if it was reproduced I'd buy a second one... but saying that I've got doubts that it'll ever come to fruition. Nothing about Dave seems to be on the level and Cermark have been less than keen to show any photos of the prototype they claim has been designed. Plus the original DPM Super Cub was perfect in construction, so why would you need to make a prototype with a delay on changes. I guess only time will tell.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Daniel-EL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DPM Super Cub is for sale. OS Twin 160, Keleo headers, electrodynamics glowlite, never crashed, flies great. $100,000 takes all.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I will take it-please send it COD
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

i think i send some posts to you and you were in the hot sands of the middle east???? frank
Old 07-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Daniel-EL

My DPM Super Cub is for sale. OS Twin 160, Keleo headers, electrodynamics glowlite, never crashed, flies great. $100,000 takes all.
That also includes the new Escalade and Airstream trailer to haul it in as well, right?

Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Daniel-EL

ORIGINAL: frank99

i think i send some posts to you and you were in the hot sands of the middle east???? frank
That you did, sir. I am now home in the scorching, 65F degree, global warming enhanced, summer heat of northwest Ohio.[]
Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Daniel-EL

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I will take it-please send it COD
Mugsy will deliver it to you COD for me, OK? (BTW, he gets a 90% cut).
Old 07-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Daniel-EL

ORIGINAL: Bax

ORIGINAL: Daniel-EL

That also includes the new Escalade and Airstream trailer to haul it in as well, right?

This might be a good deal since GM (Government Motors) can't give Escalades away right now. Depends on the length of the Airstream you want, I guess.