Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

need advice on a plane

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

need advice on a plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 05:05 AM
iwannaflyagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on a plane

Well I've been visiting the local airfield lately & am getting the bug to start flying again. Ive been out of hobby for 3 yrs now. What i need advice on is a good plane to get started with again. Ive been looking at the Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 60, Extra 300, Aero Models Laser 200 ARF. Before i got out of hobby i was flying a H9 Cap 232 & a Goldberg Sukohi, SuperHots 60 . I would like to use a 91 4 stroke. I would prefer an ARF. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm gonna have to buy everything new again as i sold everything.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:06 AM
DownSideUp

Default new arf

I am not familiar with the others but I have an Ultra Stick 60. The arf came in great condition(aside from needing the coating ironed out a little). I have read posts on RCU about all kinds of modifications that need to be done to this arf to make it flyworthy. I didn't do anything to it and it has performed very well. I put it in a grape vineyard yesterday after running out of fuel and needing to fly about 200 yards into the wind to get over the runway (I flew abot 100 yards). Only mashed the very tip of the leading edge of the wing. 10 minute fix-it. I have seen lots of planes come out of that vineyard, destroyed. Anyway, I'm running an MDS .68, with no problems(except for running out of fuel). It can take up to a Saito 1.00. I think that is when you need to start doing some of the upgrades people have talked about here at RCU. I am considering getting an OS 91FX to put on it. I like the crow option also. Really slows this thing down fast. Hope that helps.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:16 AM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

Well if I had to choose between the ones you mentioned I would go for the Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 60. It's priced about right and flys real nice. A 91 four stroke would be perfect.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Hideho and welcome back to the best addiction going!
Well I'll chime in on another reccomendation for the Ultra Stick 60....I have all three of the Ultra's...love em'.
91 four popper is perfect ,too.
Enjoy and keep us posted.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:06 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For pure aerobatics choose the extra, it will perform aerobatic maneuvers cleaner than the ultra stick.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:36 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Default US 60

I vote for the Ultra Stick 60 with a 91 or 100 4-stroke.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:54 PM
iwannaflyagain

Iam really like this airplane alot. Anyone have any experience with it. A 120 4stroke would be an awesome combo.

http://www.pacaeromodel.com/Laser200/Laser.htm
Old 03-25-2003, 11:16 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to fly a plane like that a long time ago. It was a different manufacturer though. They are a blast. Great in the air, good aerobats. You will probably get back into the swing of it quickly, but I would get help if you have been out of it a long time and go to that. It would be a good plane for you if you could fly one like it before. Won't take two flights and you will be caught up with it again. Have a blast.