Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
flaviosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Normand,

Flavio, get to work on your plane! lol
Yeah, yeah... I know I talk too much...

Btw, Normand, What's the distance from the ground to the center of the nacelle of the engine? I will find a prop that scales to the model...

Flavio
Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
flaviosi

Mike,

The last time I skied in Europe I was 16 years old, 31years ago. When I was a kid my parents dragged me to Vermont every weekend. I have a house there now and drag my family up there every weekend. From Dec to March I travel to Vt every weekend and we get in about 40 days of skiing. I get in alot of skiing, but I never get to go anywhere but Vt. My father (80 years old) goes to Austria skiing every year, so this year he wants to take my 13year old daughter and my niece, so I will go also. It sounds like you travel to some great places, someday when I retire I will do the same.
Oh well I guess we should get back on the subject of the B-25.
Only this one and we go back to B-25...

I'm so jealous in a positive way, Mike, because, as I said, we don't have any snow in Brazil and I love it.

1st time on skis was in Brighton, Utah at the age of 16... I was in an english class trip to US. I got hooked back then, by the ski, by the country and I wish I could come back many times, but didn't have enough money for ski trips back then. About 12 years later, I could afford yearly 2 week ski trips and I had a blast skiing all over west of US. Once, about 10 years ago, I decided to go on a ski safari and we skied for a month in US. Idaho (Sun Valley), Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado and N. Mexico. After that, as Warren Miller says, I had a 2,000 years old knees...

I've never been on East, but I've been skiing a lot in Europe (France, Italy, Germany, Austria) because of the weather (Rockies are too cold), but european snow is kinda like the "Californian cement"... Too wet and heavy.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in Austria. A little advice. Europeans don't respect lift lines... It's like a funnill... Use your elbows and fight your way in... it's worse in Italy, though.

On early December there won't be too much snow, but you'll get clear blue skies, mild temperatures around 0 degrees Celsius and restaurants with balconies in front of the slopes where you can sun tan, have a great sweet Austrian wine and think how good life is...

Well, I'll have to work more like 18 years until retirement and when it comes, I'm planning to spend more time in Portugal, like 6 months there and 6 months here. Portugal is way too hot from May through October and on that period I'll stay in Brazil or up north in Europe.

Have a great and safe trip!

Ok, back to the B25 now!

Flavio

Old 11-13-2007, 07:13 PM
danrc2

there is another forum. the one on b-25 pin-ups and pictures movies. something like that. but the one guy posted pictures of the whole tail section from the inside and out. there is a seat. check them out.

dan
Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
norm

Prop clearance,

Flavio there is a 70mm / 2.75 inch clearance to the ground with a 12 inch prop on. You have to deduct the retract swing of .75 inch / 20 mm. There is only 2 inches left, then you deduct 1 inch for the freshly cut grass, leaves you only with 1 inch clearance. You should not go with a prop larger than 14 inch or you catch grass. If you are electric may be less of an issue but with glow engines, you may stall an engine with the vibration and you catch a puff of grass at high speed; your "V1" (take off any ways speed, not enough runway to stop) and that could be disastrous.

For your nacelles fit the hinges of the gear doors with JB WELD glue, on the metal to fiberglass. it does a better job and will never come off. Also look at post 178 on page 8 for your rudders stab & fins, those are the best hints I can give you.

keep me posted
Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
KenVC
My Feedback: (7)

Gee Normand,

I was looking at your pictures and it sure looks cold. My B25 arrives tomorrow but I have triple hernia surgery scheduled for the next day. Hope to start on airplane during during recovery. Weather here is 82 degrees(F) today and sure wish I was flying!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

I received an email today that my Top-Flite B-25 will be arriving Friday, Nov 16th from Chief Aircraft. It has been a long wait, but well worth it.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 PM
danrc2

hey tim,
i seen the bullets you have for the top turret. how did you make them or where did you get them??? they look really good!!!!!!!

dan
Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 PM
KenVC

Being a pilot for the past 30 years, I couldn't let this go without sharing. ( I found it on another site).

http://www.wolf-hirth.de/Deutsch/Old...a/news/b25.wmv
Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 AM
flaviosi

Ken,

Being a pilot for the past 30 years, I couldn't let this go without sharing. ( I found it on another site).
Thanks for sharing. Good luck on your surgery.

Flavio
Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 AM
sgoen
My Feedback: (5)

Mine came into LHS yesterday, Picked it up last night, but did not get home until late. Will get a chance to look at it today. I might even take it to our club meeting tonight.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 AM
KenVC

Thanks Flavio
Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Blade47

OK how about a nose like this one
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70475.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	803689  
Old 11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
alans

A couple of things to mention after building today

You need a long series 2.8 drill to drill the holes for the front retract assy

The Instructions say 2 mini servos for the rudders, it should say micro servos

The stock front wheel is a very tight fit in the retract unit, there is just enough clearance for it to go round, I may change it 70mm Dia would be perfect.

Alan
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

made them from turned brass rod on a mini lathe. easy to do. tamiaya makes brass tank shells that could be modified
Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 PM
timothy thompson

freddie (my cat) died today im not feeling great today i posted a pic of him earlier
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM
danrc2

tim,
sorry for your loss today [&o]

dan
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
flaviosi

Tim,

I'm sorry, man... I have 2 dogs and I know how family the pets become.

Flavio
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM
timothy thompson

thanks we got a orange kitten. I feel that animals need good homes and i know one day they will pass but in the mean time i can give good homes to 5 chiuhuhas and 4 cats! working on the navigators station today here are some pics. last pic of fred the night before he passed[][] flavio sent me a big live spider! i would love to have a south american species to add to the collection

Name:	Zu65410.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	803800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40920.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	803801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl24581.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	803802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82170.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	803803  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
mobyal

I'm sorry to hear that, Tim. Losing a pet really is tough...
Al
Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
norm

Sorry to hear about your cat Tim.

I guess every one is very busy and quiet building tonight. For myself I corrected some snags on my B-25, getting it ready for a 3rd flight, hopefully this week end.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 AM
timothy thompson

here are some pics of the new kitten, his name is you guessed it mitchell! I was going for lawson but what do you guys think. hell adapt better when the dogs leave him alone, i did a lot of detail work on the nose but no pics i didnt get back from the vet till 3 and didnt do anything till 7 i took a valium to help me cope. so im too woozy to work anymore. spelling isnt the best noe either, i included pics of lucybelle (boyingtons photo op ship) one of my 5 chihuhha rescuses. they were going to ethenise him and i was at the vet and gave the dog owner 200. i hope he rots in hell. anyone putting down a healthy animal is no friend of mine

Name:	Yw67609.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	804117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81731.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	804118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65567.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	804119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72619.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	804120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35052.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	804121  
Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 AM
wm6929

ORIGINAL: Blade47

OK how about a nose like this one
B-25H
My Favorite. If someone makes one. I want to get on that list.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:53 PM
kthmarks

Not to Hijack the thread but......

B25 H....part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxh9VlTbhLE
B25 H....part two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iortYQMJYjs
B25 H....part three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgNmSMtMx0E
Old 11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
arfdog
My Feedback: (113)

ORIGINAL: krproton

ORIGINAL: normandouellette
Tim if you read this please give me your advise, have you seen this fly on twin os46? @ 1.2hp each or twin Os70's @ 1.1 hp each? Twin 82's will develop 1.5hp each and I wonder if it will lift this plane decicively!
Hi normandouellette.

Arrrgh! I have reservations about getting into discussions about engine sizes--other than to repeat what would be the Company line..."The Top Flite 1/9th B-25 ARF was designed and tested to fly with the engines within the specified range. Should you decide to use engines larger or smaller than the ones recommended you are "on your own" and your warranty may be voided should any problems arise due to your engine selection."

Well, I don't know if that's the Company line exactly, but I'm sure it goes something like that.

I will add that this is a SCALE model and intended to fly in a scale-like manner. This is a B-25, not an IMAC 3D model! [sm=tongue_smile.gif] Powered by O.S. .70 Surpass IIs, this thing ROCKS!!! Full-throttle, low-altitude fly-bys will get your heart pumping--don't worry! And she flies most scale-like at about half to three-quarters throttle. Any two-stroke within the recommended size range will yield the same result or better.

I'm not saying you have to use O.S. engines--please use whatever brand of engine you prefer--as long as they are within the recommended size range!

(My personal B-25 is powered by two O.S. .70 Surpass IIs).

Another problem with using larger engines is they may not fit on the included mounts (or the included mounts may not be strong enough to support larger engines) and larger mounts may not fit on the firewall.

Well, that's about all I can think of regarding the use of larger engines. All we can do is test the model and come up with a size range, then print it on the cover of the manual. We can't come to your house and force you to use them![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Oh, and one more thing normandouellette, for goodness sake, don't work too hard on your B-25 and get some rest--lest you make a mistake![sm=bananahead.gif]

Tim

P.S. My wife is from Canada too. She watches me play ice hockey in my league. She is from Montreal (apparently, near Laval).

I'm building a TF B-25 now with twin Evolution 26GT2's. Not that I'm looking for the power as much as it's gotta be gas. As heavy as this bird looks like it will be, can't see that it's be too overpowered as long as the engine mounts hold up. Comments?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 PM
norm

arfdog,

The G26 is way too big for the Top Flite B-25. I doubt you will be able to mount it on the firewall. The space provided is 2.5 x 2.5 inch. Your engine mount and engine will exceed the 5 inch from the firewall clearance to the prop seat required. You also need to offset the engine mount by about 3/8 inch from the center, leaving you with only 2 1/8 th of an inch for the engine mount. The distance should be approcx 4.75 inch from the firewall to the prop seat. You will exceed it by at least 1 inch. The prop size should also be a maximum of 14 inch to clear the ground. you will have to spin something at least 15 inch... with this engine @ 3+hp.

Also needless to say the G26 is way over power for that plane and too big for the cowl, if you whant a cowl!!!

The plane is very well powered with Saito 82's and an OS 70's will perform almost the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.