Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:00 PM
WingSpan Models

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

There is now a kit available to make functional bomb bay doors and a working rotating top turret. Together with the Electronic Bomb Release System available from WingSpan Models the B-25 can now drop up to eight bombs. For more info check out http://www.wingspanmodels.com.

Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 07:14 PM
mtaboram

Mike:

Great News. Do you have pictures of Bomb Bay Door & Top Turret Conversion kit?. Please let me know
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 PM
WingSpan Models

Yes I just put them up online at our web site www.wingspanmodels.com
Old 05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: WingSpan Models

Yes I just put them up online at our web site www.wingspanmodels.com
Michael is having a bit of trouble uploading the pictures he has, so he as emailed them to me and asked me to upload them for him. Here they are.

Ken

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19410.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	953103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36447.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	953104  
Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 AM
toreo

On sunday, I specially tested my mitchel for single out engine. It is impossible to make full turn around work engine and against wind. Direct with wind - it is possible, but so difficult. In that case, lose altitude for one large turn, much more, than 2 small turns around out engine. Additionally, i decide that gyro on rudder is pretty thing on twin! With gyro, when single out on full throttle, plane slow going to turn, against jump to turn whithout gyro.
Additionlaly i test full flaps down - it is very slow and stable fly.

I wonder of landing this plane with strong crosswind. It so simple, manageble, predictable, and beautifully. I love this plane!!

Nice upgrade, wingspan!! when you planning to full complete this product?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
mtaboram

Mike. Thanks for the videos. When do you expect post the manual? Do you include the doors and all the hardware required with the kit?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
WingSpan Models

Hi,

The doors are actually cut from the fuselage and then re-used, instead of having to recreate the doors from scratch. The instructions detail step by step what to do to cut them out and mount them. The kit includes all the hardware to make them operational using as standard servo. The modification is very simple and straight forward and anyone capable of putting this plane together will have no problem making the mod. When the conversion kit is purchased with the Electronic Bomb Release System the entire operation can be handled with only one channel. The bomb drop controller has a mode for an auxiliary servo, so using one channel you will be able to open the doors and the drop the bombs.

RCKen will be doing a complete build review in the coming weeks to show exactly how easy it is to add the bomb bay doors and the rotating top turret. The manual is actually complete it is just missing the build photo graphics. The preliminary draft of manuals are going to the editor and as soon as they are approved I will post them on the web site. They will still be missing the pictures but it will at least give everyone a heads up of what to do. In the next few days I will try to get a picture of the kit contents and put that on the site as well.

Mike
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
mtaboram

Dear Mike:

Thanks a lot for all your information. I will order the kit and wait for all you comment. I really appreciate it. Regards
Old 05-20-2008, 01:56 PM
cobi.p

sorry - i have clean my post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:14 AM
toreo

what means many labels Pull on, PULL OFF and so on? Where right place on b25 for this labels?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
CCFPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

toreo:

These lables are for turning the radio on or off. Dubro, and others, make a switch mount that has a wire that you PULL or you PUSH to turn the radio ON. Sometimes we forget which way is ON. These decals are made to be put next to the radio on/off switch. If you use the slide switch, you could use just the ON on one side of the switch, and OFF on the other.

Of course this in in English, so probably to some of your flying buddies it may still not mean anything.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM
toreo

Thank CCFPILOT!
But are you shure?B25 decals consist:
4 labels <off on>
4 labels <on off>
4 labels pull off
4 labels pull on
4 labels push on
4 labels push off

All of this only for rc switch??? May be it is scale text warning??
Old 05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
CCFPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

toreo

I have other Top Flight models, and they also have and abundance of lables. I have used them on other models. They come in handy for lots of things.

I think they might as well put them on the sheet as long as they have the room. It cost the same.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:42 AM
toreo

Thanks, CCFPILOT!
I'll marking all of my no-scale plane those labels
Old 05-27-2008, 09:18 AM
slamdance64

Wow Doug,

I think you have one of the best looking B-25's of the bunch! I just recently picked one up the TF B-25 and can't wait to start working on mine. I think that I will not super detail mine until I fly it for a while. I am going to go electric as I live in an apartment, and don't want to cart around fuel etc too...

I am planning on having a friend paint mine up for me once I am done. The big problem is flying season has started and I don't want to be inside building when I could be outside flying! I was going to pick it up to build over this winter, but I couldn't wait any longer to add this plane to my collection.

The B-25 has been a favourite plane of mine for ever. I have done alot of research on the one in the Aviation Museum in Ottawa Ontario as a volunteer in their library. I have always had a huge fascination for the strafers of the 345 Bomb Group and will build mine as the gunship version. I think I will model the interim field mod 6 gun with the 4 packs of 50's on the sides. Hopefully I will get around to cutting in the bomb bay and add parachute bombs for low level drops!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their tips and even more importantly their pictures. It's is great to have Tim here to offer wisdom from building multiple kits along the way. The words of encouragement have made me want to start working on this plane now so I can fly this fall... Time will tell.

Happy flying to everyone and keep the movies and pictures comming in.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:16 PM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Slamdance! You'll love this plane...it has become one of my favorites and I get great comments every time I take her out.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Saver37

Hi, Tim!

Great thread! Also kudos to the other builders contributing with tips. I've just got mine ready for it's maiden and just wonder if the B-25 in the Realflight G3.5 Expansion pack 4 handles anything like the real one? Seems like flying one engine out is not to difficult. I'm really an old-school balsa-builder, but I needed to get something up in the air fast and wanted a twin. Quality-wise, this seem to be a great choice! I'll probably get a chance to fly it in a couple of weeks. Later on, I'll probably get the Wingspan upgrade.

Best regards

Oeyvind, Norway
Old 05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
krproton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Saver37

Hi, Tim!

Great thread! Also kudos to the other builders contributing with tips. I've just got mine ready for it's maiden and just wonder if the B-25 in the Realflight G3.5 Expansion pack 4 handles anything like the real one? Seems like flying one engine out is not to difficult. I'm really an old-school balsa-builder, but I needed to get something up in the air fast and wanted a twin. Quality-wise, this seem to be a great choice! I'll probably get a chance to fly it in a couple of weeks. Later on, I'll probably get the Wingspan upgrade.

Best regards

Oeyvind, Norway
Hi Oeyvind!

Thanks for checking in and for your kind comments. Sorry, I don't know if the B-25 in Real Flight handles like the model. I've never used Real Flight and I've never heard anyone comment. I know the guys who work on Real Flight, and I know everybody in the company who has flown the B-25, and none of them are the same, so I can't even ask! Maybe someone who knows will read this thread and answer for us.

Yea, I'm an "old-school" builder tooI built many of the Top Flite Gold kits and wrote the manuals for them, but these ARFs are so good (not perfect to be honest) they're hard to pass up even if you enjoy building.

Well, keep us updated on your maden and maybe post a few pics too.

Thanks again!

Tim
Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
rnordeck

Finally I can be more than a Wanna..Be. I now have one to get started on. Have read every post on all 63 pages, as well as the other two B-25 Forums, the manuel several times, all three RC magazine reviews, couple books and every source of info on the "Net"!!!

Great thread and guidance U'all !!

If you haven't recently read "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" by Captain Ted W. Lawson about the "Doolittle Raiders" You do owe it to your own self's to go to your local libraryand Check it Out!!

You need some encouragement:

p. 18:
"......My left engine quit and forced me down on a golf course at Rawlings, Wyoming.....Later....between North Platte and Omaha, I picked up a heavy load of ice and had to get down in a hurry....saw a little air field near by. She went into that little field with so much class that it made your heart jump. It was a strange feeling, rolling across the snow at 90 to 100, taking off every time we hit a bump under the snow. It was the best landing I ever made, or now, ever will. It was the B-25 more than I. It was things like this that made me love that ship. It helps itself more than any plane I ever worked on or flew. It is so much more than an inanimate mass of material, intricately geared and wired and riveted into a tight package. It's a good, trustworthy friend."

I anticipate My build questions will be coming to a forum near to you soon.

aka "Lt. (jg) I. B. Narley"
Old 05-29-2008, 11:36 AM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oeyvind,
If the new B25 flew like the Real Flight sim things would be soooooo boring! That program will lull you into a false sense of security if you let it. While the TF B25 does fly extremely well, it is a far cry from what you'll find from Real Flight. The sim just makes the plane fly like the wing loading is about 1/2. In order to give Real Flight a more realistic sense of the TF, I've added a variable 10-20mph crosswind, made the plane weigh 27lbs and shifted the CG back a couple of inches. Try that. If it challenges you then you've got it about right! While I (knock on wood) haven't yet experienced an engine out on the TF, the Real Flight Mosquito seems much more realistic in an engine out situation...check that one out too.

Doug
Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Saver37

I agree it would be slightly boring! I will try your recommended settings, Doug. Thank you! I've tried the Mossie as well. The Mossie has a less efficient rudder, so I guess that makes it a little harder than the B-25. The Brian Taylor Mossie is high on my build-list!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 PM
europatc74
My Feedback: (6)

Have finished the build and will solo soon. Have installed a pair of os 70s with Robarts and mid size air tank in fuse. When balancing (gear up) found it tail heavy and light on the right side. Has this been what the rest of you have experienced ?? just wondering.....
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
rc74
My Feedback: (6)

Here is My TF B-25 after just completing its 3 flight. Great flyer @ 20lb Satio 82 w/ on board glow and Twin Sync. Bomb bay w/8 bomb payload. Nav and landing lights. Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83895.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	963481  
Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 PM
krproton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it Ron![sm=thumbup.gif]

The stripes look menacing and set your plane apart from the others - good job and thanks for posting.

Tim
Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
danrc2

i have mine ready for its first fight tomorrow. i have the motors set on two different channels (3 and 8). at low idle the engines run about one to two hundred rpms of each other and some at full throttle. but at half they are about 900 to a thousand off.
is this okay and if not how do fix it????????

i have futaba radio 8 channel using PCM receiver.

please help?????????

thanks dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.