Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes GEE BEE

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes GEE BEE

Old 10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Dunks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes GEE BEE

I'm going to start on my Great planes GEE BEE and would like to know witch type of engine to use.I'm looking at using a gas eng instead of glo eng,has anybody put a small gas eng in one of these planes if so witch size 20 to35 cc and brand .
John
Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes GEE BEE

Hi!
I have had my GEE BEE R-2 now for over 3 years and flown it around approximately 20 times.
I have it powered by a MVVS 15cc (.91) twostroke engine with a Tettra 500cc "Bubbleles-stank" and a APC 15x4W prop and run 15% allsyntetic oil and 5% nitro.

The GEE BEE takes off real easy and flies real good and is very easy to fly. The 15cc engine hauls it around without problems and aerobatics is no problem.
The problem are the landings. Despite my GEE BEE weights exactly 5kg (5000g) and is much lighter than prescribed by Great Planes is a handfull to land. I'm used to flying fast airplanes being a pylon racer for over 25years but this plane is even harder to land than a F3D pylonracer.
Soo... if you keep it light...which means choosing the lighest engine/tank /radio /servos possible, and are acustomed to fast Q-500 racers or other pylon racers you might keep it even after the first flight...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86470.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	790896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90936.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	790897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91325.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.9 KB