Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Texas RC Models

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Texas RC Models

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:23 PM
kojak41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas RC Models

[8D]I just finished assembling two ARFs from Texas RC Models, the Advanced Low wing trainer and the Explorer L, and am very impressed with the quality, price of the two. They are both available from other sites, Nitro Models (although they are out of stock at least on the trainer), AK Models, and others, but Texas Models were cheaper and shipped promptly with lower shipping charges. This is the first order I have placed with them and I have absolutely no connection to them in any way but as a customer. I think we are quick to criticize poor quality and preformance as we should be, but I would like to recognize preformance that exceeded my expectations.

These ARFs are not perfect and should be gone over to check for possible problems, but they are as good both in design and quality as the several models I have built from World Models and better than the last two I have built from Great Planes. At less than $65 they are cheaper than kits for similar sized planes not to mention the glue, covering, etc., that kits would require extra that are included with the ARF.

I'm sure that some ARF, China haters will be all over me for this post, but sometimes you get more than you pay for.

Mike H.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Texas RC Models

It's nice to hear some postive feedback on ARFs.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 AM
IAMKAOS

your post is new....give them time ...the china arf hater's will probably be along soon
Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 AM
mvarzoni

What is the Texas models website?

Thanks
Mauricio.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 AM
playntraffic

http://www.texasrcplanes.com/

Good stuff
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM
IAMKAOS

it looks like some of their models are nitromodels planes. the polecat 50 definitly is.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM
rcslim

Where are arf made in the US? I am the owner of texasrcplanes and would like to know who actualy makes arf's in the US and does not import them. After many months of looking for a mfg. I can't find a US mfg. that can supply us with truely made in the USA arf's. They all seem to be made in china for US market. Yes we do sell china made arf's and would rather sell USA products if someone here in America can supply us with price and quality.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
kojak41

[8D]If Walmart can make a large fortune by selling products from China, why not anyone else? Don't think that low tech, labor intensive products can be made on a competitive basis in the US or Europe. China also has the advantage of equiping their new factories with the latest technology manufacturing machinery. Their model engines have certainly increased in quality over the years and so have their ARFs. I just wish that they would let their currency float on a free currency market instead of controlling it through massive central bank intervention. Then their price advantage would be reduced. I certainly don't have any love of the Chinese, but right now they have taken a major position in the world market and will likely continue for some time.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Can you imagine the kinds of comments we'd get about ARFs made in the USA?

"I bought a .40-sized basic trainer ARF that was made in a UAW-run converted Detroit auto factory. It cost me $4,375.00 plus shipping and wings folded up while I was trying to balance the CG."
Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
flaminheli

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

Can you imagine the kinds of comments we'd get about ARFs made in the USA?

"I bought a .40-sized basic trainer ARF that was made in a UAW-run converted Detroit auto factory. It cost me $4,375.00 plus shipping and wings folded up while I was trying to balance the CG."
That's why chrysler is laying off 12,000 more employees as they stated today. To much price, not enough demand.