Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Modeltech Magic Extra 300L

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Modeltech Magic Extra 300L

Old 10-02-2013, 05:01 PM
motorhead540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got home and went out to the hanger and checked I found out that my OS60 will not fit inside the front of the fuse ends so it is out . so now I need to figure out what will fit and what to purchase for my extra as far as an engine so it may have to wait for awhile as I have so many irons in the fire right now .... hobby shop called and told me end of the month for my carbon z cub that is on preorder and my new edge 540t is just about ready to fly as well sure would like to have the extra ready for spring we will see as time will tell
Old 10-03-2013, 03:19 AM
suburban95
My Feedback: (9)

I kinda of thought that the 60 would not fit. I had to add a spacer to the firewall to get the OS50 to fit. That engine is going to come out since it once again has some kind of ring or bearing problem (this os 50 has been nothing but trouble) I just purchased another os56SF off of the "bay" that I am going to replace the 50 with. As I said before a good ball bearing 46-50 would be plenty for this plane. Good Luck with yours!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:42 AM
bgee

I have this plane and love it to bits! Mine has been powered by a os 46ax until it died and now a 55ax. The 46ax is the better combination in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:14 PM
motorhead540

OK so I picked up a OS 55 with a p-box and also got ahold of a OS 46 FX picked up a prop today at the local hobby shop got me a 12.25x 3.75 should work good on either engine think i'm going to setup with the OS 55 and give it a go see how it does that way . why do you say the OS 46 FX was a better setup ??? just wanted your thoughts before I actually get the engine installed as you might have a very good reason behind your suggestion I got time to deciede have many other planes to work on thru the fall and winter