Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ripmax Gambler 40 Question

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ripmax Gambler 40 Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 07:59 PM
TTARK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripmax Gambler 40 Question

I saw this plane on the Tower Website, Does anyone have any experience with this plane? Quality, ease of build, flying characteristics etc. Any help will be most appreciated, I love the color scheme of this plane but need to know if its worth the money at $139

Thanks Terry
Old 05-27-2003, 06:16 PM
ultraflyman
My Feedback: (1)

i have one its a great arf
Old 06-29-2003, 03:48 PM
goony

I just got 1 today at wings and wheels over here in ENGLAND they are normally £90 but got it for £50 in the sale thats about $80 some of the joints look a bit dodgy so I will wick some thin cyno in them before flying but it looks ok apart from that,
it says its for a 40 size but i think that would be a bit low
I have a os46fx MDS48 and an IRVINE53 looking for homes so will choose one of these YOU know what they say IF it AINT fluttering put a bigger engine in

regards goony
Old 07-16-2003, 12:31 AM
skidbiter55

Once the Gambler has been put together it flies like a charm, it handles aerobatice very nicely especially when you throw a thundertiger 46 into it. However it does seem to sink a lot when you come in for your final approach so you have to land it pretty hot. The gambler also has a certain capacity to have a neverending vertical componate and can also hover!!! Hoever the construction of the Gambler is a major let down. The pre installed cover for the rudder and elevator pushrods at the tail end of the plane were a t such an angle that it was hard enough for me to push the push rods through let alone the servo's!!! So some decent reconstrution of the tail was needed to rectify the problem. I ended haveing to put in a completely new system using red/yellow push rods. Mounting the engine was also a pretty large problem, attmepting to get the locking nuts down inside the fuselage and onto the firewall took a seriously long time due to the confined space and would have been so much easier if it were preinstalled. However with all this out of the way the plane looked pretty good, on the test flight it flew superb, only ripmax had forgotten to glew the undercarriage blocks on the inside of the plane in place so the front wheels were able to travel freely back and forth, so once again it was back to the table to surgically pull apart the wing and fix the problem. I certainly would not recommend this model, it flies perfect and everything but the construction is a little sour.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:05 AM
luke porter

Default RE: Ripmax Gambler 40 Question

i have just been given a gambler but it was missing the wing. ripmax been ripmax haven't got any in stock. i had an idea of making my own wing and putting retracts in them. i can get the root template from the the fus but i wondered if any one could help and give me the dimensions or the tip and if the wing has any washout.
cheers