Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

gRAUPNER arfs

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

gRAUPNER arfs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:58 AM
kingtight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gRAUPNER arfs

anyone flown a Graupner Piper Cub ARF? or does anyone own a Graupner ARF plane HOW ARE THEY?
Old 04-18-2003, 08:46 AM
wolf123

Default gRAUPNER arfs

seagull model make arf for graupner

mirco
Old 04-18-2003, 12:22 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default gRAUPNER arfs

I like my Graupner Extra 300s Patty Wagstaff.

Wolf, are you sure that they make graupners ?
My Extra 300S is not the same as the seagull Extra 300S.

SJ.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:07 PM
wolf123

Default gRAUPNER arfs

yes look at this picture
i've both the graupner and seagull extra and are the same,the only change are decal and instructions
http://www.rcuniverse.com/reviews.ph...ew&reviewid=61

mirco
Old 04-18-2003, 06:55 PM
f2racer

Default gRAUPNER arfs

I think that Graupner slaps their name on a number of other manufacturers non-proprietary models.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:20 PM
splatt1o1
My Feedback: (1)

Default Graupner Elevator problems

Hey watch out the elevator on the extra 300s snap off not good
Old 04-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default gRAUPNER arfs

I have a Graupner Super Air that I won off here... its a good quality arf... right now I am recovering it due to my own personal preference. They built the model great and used ca glue on all joints it looks like.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:10 AM
the_Sparrow

Default gRAUPNER arfs

I just got my Graupner Piper Cub ARF 2 days ago. After much debate I wanted a small elect- moto parkflyer. It was between the Graupner Terry and the mini Piper. I got the HobbyLobby combo for it....except the 2 ch Tx. It arrrived in 2 days of ordering it.
The assembly was quite striaght forward. Some foam trimming to do. I mounted the speed plus 300 moto and built in speed control , a hitec 555Rx and 2 HS55 servos. It is all powered by a 1000mh Gruapner Nimh 6 cell pack. The cg was spot on. I started this morning and was done by noon. The kit came with full size plans as well as manual which was a big help!

On my first flight up I took a chance on a windy day. I know ...silly decision , but it was to tempting. Wouldnt you know it , a 18 mph gust wips through as I climb out from a hand launch. I fight too keep her close but wind and unproper trim caused me to skip hard into the ground (baseball field , grass). I broke the single wingbolt nut in fuse and bent the landing gear.
I epoxied the wingbolt nut in fuse and re-inforced the area as well. I was up and flying in 2 hours. 2nd flight was dream. I hand launched in near 0 wind conditions. I climbed and trimmed with a lil right rudder and down elv. I flew around at various throttle settings and it handled like a dream. Half throttle was enough to keep her afloat. I managed a 33 min flight ! That was flying lazily around. No acrobatics attempted.

Sorry for the long post but it is fresh in my mind. I could not beleive some was askin about the plane i just assembled to day! anyway , its a good little pocket flyer. It is quite manageble at a 30in wingaspn . I plan on keeping it in the trunk of a car.

Spar
Old 05-05-2003, 02:24 AM
Ruralflyer

Default gRAUPNER arfs

I've got a mini piper and its wonderful. The only complaint about it is that it is a little rudder weak and is completely overtaken by the slightest wind, but it can be taken anywhere and is wonderful to fly. Aerobatic capable too!!

Love my piper.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default gRAUPNER arfs

I just bought a Graupner ME 109, and it was actually made by The World Models in China. Quality is good as far as I can tell.