Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 05:52 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

From what I've read here and in a few other places, I don't think he really cares what his obligations are and he certainly doesn't appear to be too worried about what anyone might do to win restitution. Threatening to have someone's legs broken doesn't sound like someone who's at all worried about what is or is not legal.

John
Old 08-28-2003, 06:02 PM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Legs.....?

John,

Just a little curious where the 'Broken Legs" statement came from....? I certainly do not remember reading that in any thread on here...unless I totally missed something....did I...?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:03 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

One of Mikes posts made mention that Val'a "joked" during a phone conversation about having a cousin who enjoyed breaking legs.

John
Old 08-28-2003, 06:05 PM
heli001

Default Thanks

John,

Thanks, I really did miss that one......
Old 08-28-2003, 06:34 PM
jneesy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didn't mr devine just aquire a company . walked in and told all the currently shafted customers to go pound sand. it wasnt nice but it was reality.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I found the comment. It's posted on Mike's Fusco Fiasco site. Go to his site and search the Fusco page for "leg" and you will find the comment.

John
Old 08-28-2003, 07:40 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Jack Devine bought the tooling and assets of a bankrupt company.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:01 PM
jneesy

i think the same might just happen here all that is missing is the bankruptcy . by the way nothing against mr devine it may turn out to be a smart business decision.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:14 PM
fpayer
My Feedback: (22)

Default One last word

My 2 cents then I am done with this. We all speak loud and clear here including myself, however how long will it take for somebody really take actions. FBI or internet fraud, even mail fraud. How dificult can it be. All i see is a lot of complaints and with all right, but guys do something about it. Six months i said put up or shut up, i still stay by it. That also goes for the poor guy that lost there hard earned money. All the whinning wont help, maybe actions will. Somebody has to be close enough to Reno to go with local Law personel and find out whats going on. I wish u all good luck.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Mike James

Default Thank you again, everybody

My sincerest thanks again, for all the support I've received from people here, and the huge amount of email I'm now receiving from RCU friends, Fusco customers, and Fusco distributors.

Another batch of emails this morning, which is a great way to start the day.
------------------------------------------
By the way, and this is a little off the specific "scam" subject...

Val'a Fusco has always said that he wanted to get a Berkut for himself, totally "tricked out" with retracts, etc., and painted in the scheme that John Denver used on his plane. A subtle detail that I noticed, regarding the last 10 or so photos posted on his site is that the one shown in the photos has the cutouts made in the wings for retracts. Maybe the one we're looking at is something Val'a is/was getting built for himself.
------------------------------------------
Anyway, as of today, still no word of any kind from Val'a, no payment, and no word from any Fusco-related attorney.

Let's hope this is over soon, before all the typing wears out my keyboard. Thanks again everybody.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:33 PM
JagBone

Well sit tight Mike,
you just may be hearing from Val's attorney -- Vinney Fusco- His cousin, in about two weeks.
Well I belive he is to be related.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Mike James

Default Like clockwork... not

Exactly as expected, when Val'a Fusco told me I would be paid "by the end of the week, if not sooner!"..... NOTHING.

No phone messages, no email, no calls from any attorney, and of course, no money.

Can't say I'm shocked. I'm sure I'll hear from him again soon, (if he's still around) and it'll be "a few more days" or "next week", or "the dog ate my homework", or whatever. He doesn't have the exclusive rights to sell the kit until I'm paid in full, and it looks like that will not happen. So...

I won't ask anyone here for help, because you've already been burned by the guy, as I have, but I am willing to make the kits myself, if I can somehow do two things:

1. Manage to not get evicted (This deal has screwed me up badly, financially, and I'm not kidding.)

and

2. Somehow raise the money to make more molds.

One way or another, I will personally see that these kits get into the hands of those who were burned, and those who still want one. Sorry to have been part of the mess, everybody, but I will do what I can to help fix it. Fusco should not handle this project at all.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:42 PM
ChuckRoast

Has anyone gotten him on the phone or email latley??
Old 08-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Mike James

Default It's the end of waiting for me, and a new start

As expected, (08-29-03) there was no further email, no word on when I would be paid, and no calls from an attorney.

Also, an interesting coincidence... I use a Mac, along with some great virus protection software, and never have had a problem with computer viruses transmitted via email. There was an obvious "spike" though, beginning on 08-27-03, when I started to receive about 30 emails per day with (PC-related) virus attempts. None have affected me at all, but I thought that the timing of the attacks was a little too coincidental. Can you guess where the attacks might have come from?

As far as I'm concerned, I've been screwed, and it's over. I will now proceed on my own, and do my best to put the "Fusco Fiasco" behind me. Part of my ongoing efforts will be to try and come up with a way to get Berkut kits to people who have ordered them, and/or new customers who might want one. This will require making more molds, etc., and I can't afford it right now.

But, there is hope...
More than a few people have very kindly talked to me about helping see to it that this happens. When I can be more specific, I will. In the meantime, my very sincerest thanks to all of you who have given your support. It's been a tense week for me, and even the simplest "Good luck" letter has meant a great deal to me. I'm not happy, but at least I can sleep at night with a clear conscience.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:50 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Default My Credit Card Company came through

Yay!!! Refund on King Air (not from Val'a...but from all other cardholders - this is why rates are so high on credit) and Berkut.

So, Berkut hull #3 is now open, contact Val'a if you want it.

Mike, if you're serious about producing the Berkut when this all clears up, I'm in.

Don
Old 08-31-2003, 11:17 AM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

Mike :Same here you can count me in for one ,if you are going to make them and Fusco has nothing to do with it .
Old 09-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Mike James

Default Thank you!

Thank you guys, for the support. When I can report something factual about what I can do, I'll be sure and post it here and on my web site. Lots of talk right now...

Looking forward to the big press release due tomorrow on the Fusco web site, that will "put all our minds to rest"? I am.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:52 PM
Mike James

Default Recovery from all of this...

His site, down briefly, is back up, and unchanged....No press release, of course.

Anyway, I'm done with this. The story on my web site now appears at http://www.nextcraft.com/fusco_fiasco.html

If you'd like a copy, I've posted a PDF version of same story, at http://homepage.mac.com/mikejames/rc...uscoFiasco.pdf

It's 968k. (*Updated 09-03-03)

Now, for recovery...
There are several of us, including Fusco distributors, Fusco customers, and RCU friends, who would like to figure out a way to reproduce this kit. I will create a "status" page on my site soon, but in the meantime, if you want to be part of the process, feel free to email me. Again, I will not publish anyone's name or other information without their permission, so you can remain anonymous, if you like.

Thanks again everybody.
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2003, 09:49 PM
toto_sal

Default Fusco Fiasco

Well I just got my Long EZ kit without the wings!!! I cant believe this is happening!!! Anybody know who can make a set for this aircraft? I tried contacting Mr. Fusco himself and the machine states that he is unable to receive messages at this time. I resorted to emailing him, and the email server responds that the message cannot be delivered.

This is the Postfix program at host mail01.powweb.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: cannot access mailbox /var/mail/fuscoaircraf
for user fuscoaircraf. error writing message: File too large

File to large??? Its a simple text message (3k).

Any body know what other method may I go about and contact this individual?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

He has a fax number listed and TWO e-mail addresses...

try both...

Phone: 775-745-1863
Fax 775-201-8808

3100 Mill Street Suite 102 Reno, NV 89502

Hours: Monday - Friday; 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Central

[email protected]

[email protected]
Old 09-02-2003, 09:58 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

I will be in Reno next week for the air races. I'm going to that Mill Street address and will post a picture of what is there.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:06 PM
toto_sal

Mordib and Hattend

Thanks for your support on this. The pictures would be great to see if its a legit location.

I just sent him an email on the other address, and hopefully I will get a response.

I think we would all appreciate all the information we can get with respect to this matter.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:17 PM
heli001

Default Long EZ

Was it the 1/3 BERKUT long EZ or a 1/5th scale...?
Old 09-02-2003, 10:21 PM
dunk-RCU

Default Dang and shipment

Will I'll be dang or Damn.... a sorta kit shipped.. however we know it wouldn't be complete for he doesn't own all the molds...

Also I would like to thank everybody that has posted on all the Fusco threads, I was ready to make a purchase when I stated to read the threads YOU all saved me much frustration wish I could help the rest of ya....
Old 09-02-2003, 10:23 PM
toto_sal

Heli,

It was the Long EZ 1/5 scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.