Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Spacwalker ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Spacwalker ARF

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 04:11 PM
jonesjj
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Spacwalker ARF

HI All,
Has anyone ever put a Saito 150 on this plane ? Do you think it would be overkill ?

From what I have been reading in the Arcive it needs a little nose weight, was also thinking of the Saito 120, which a few people have put in there also.

I dont want to pull the wings off but would like good power when needed or wanted. I know you can always throtle back also.

So what do you Spacewalker flyers think ?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 04-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Terror Dactyl

I have one with an OS 91 in it and it is balanced so that if I just think about up on landing it will rise. The method to the madness is that it does a great Lumcheovk and I keep it that way for that reason.

The 120 is a great choice and I think it could even hover if you chose to.

Take care Jim
Old 04-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

IMHO......A V8 in a '69 beetle might work, but why?

With a 5 cell batt under the tank and a Saito .91 my SW balances 1/2 inch behind recomended, and that's cool for me. I don't think this plane will anything well but loops, barrel rolls, and land, and the .91 does that well! You could overpower a similar sized areobat with that motor and really have a ball!!!

But others may dissagree. Personally, I just love to watch this baby land on a still evening. I've used many tanks of fuel just landing over and over!
Old 04-26-2003, 02:21 AM
AeroSports
My Feedback: (3)

"....I've used many tanks of fuel just landing over and over!"

I can relay to that. after a day of work, doing touch n' go over and over relaxes me more than anything else. I would get a spacewalker someday.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:42 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I'm all for overpowering, but IMHO I would save that lovely Saito 1.50 for an 1.20 aerobat that loves a lightweight 4stroke. Sure the Spacewalker could use the noseweight, but just about any noseweight should fly this plane just fine.

Then again, if you already have the 1.50 and wants to put it into the SW, I'm sure it will fly it great. The airframe is built very well and should take the power just fine. The main problem you'll have might be prop clearance. I've already ditched the stock gear on my SW so I don't know what it will clear. My guess is a 16" prop might be okay.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:08 PM
jonesjj
My Feedback: (4)

All good poinits guys thanks for the feedback, I dont have the 150 but thought I may have a good deal on one but it didnt go.

I didnt know this but there is a Saito 100 out that may be a better choice for the SW as I am going to have to buy new anyway. Chief Aircraft has them for $260 to the door, and they have the Saito 91 for $210.00 to the door.

Anyone try using Saito 100 or seen a SW with the 100 in it ?

I think I am going to chose between the eather the 91 or the 100.

There has been such possitive feedback on this airplane with the 91 in it.

Seems like just need to move things to the front of the plane to get the CG right with the 91. I wonder if the 100 would help out some on this ?
Old 04-26-2003, 01:26 PM
alex24

91 is the deal!!!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 04:03 PM
gearsup
My Feedback: (32)

Default Sw with Saito 100

Plane is a big baby and fun to fly. Like its name ,just walks in the air. A 100 is just right. Mine is not all the way broken in yet and will not do a long vertical. Balanced per plans with 7 oz. wt. I am going back another 1/2 inch in balance and take the weight out. Enjoy the slow fly bys.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Oh, for sure, if I were buying new, I'd go with the 100. No weight penalty, so why not? I don't have one personaly, but know 3 who do and they are GREAT!!! The guy who sold me my 91 got a 100 to replace it, and it added major upline to his extra.

But then again, there are lots of used 91s on the market, and they are cheap! (many for 120.00) Just a thought.