Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fliton Inspire Mini Broken

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fliton Inspire Mini Broken

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 PM
JarHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fliton Inspire Mini Broken

I had hoped to start a build thread this weekend after receiving my Fliton Inspire Mini on Friday. I waited out front for the FedEx driver to come, kind of like a kid waiting up to see Santa Claus. As soon as it was delivered I carefully started unwrapping my lunch time distraction when I saw that the box the plane was in was damaged. The outer shipping box was fine, just the inner box was crushed at corner. We got out the camera and started taking pictures as I pulled the contents out of the box. Everything was fine until I got to the fuselage. It was broken just behind the cockpit / hatch area from the bottom of the fuse clear through the turtle deck. At first I was angry, thinking someone either sent me a broken plane, or opened it up to take a look and repackaged it incorrectly. It was too late to call HobbyZone, so I settled on calling them in the morning.

When I called HobbyZone on Saturday morning, they told me they could have me send the plane back and then they'd send me a replacement, which would take 2 weeks. They said a faster option was to call Horizon and have them send me a fuse. I had to wait to call Horizon until they opened Monday morning. The customer service rep at Horizon put me on hold for 30 seconds and then came back and told me it would need to be taken care of through Fliton.

I called Fliton several times during business hours with no answer and finnaly got an answer right after 12PM PDT. They emailed me a warranty claim form and told me to send them pictures and a receipt from HobbyZone. I sent if off a half hour later and haven't heard back sense. Hopefully I'll get a new fuse in a reasonable time and do a build thread.